Need some drag racing start up tips!!

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.k....I am going to try and take my car to the drag next Spring and need some advice from you guys. I have a extra set of 17 inch wheels that I can use for slicks. What kind of slicks do I need and what can I expect to pay? Also, what can I expect at the dragstrip as far as what to do? Never been to one and don't want to look like a fool when I pull up. Thanks.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ubnbit,

Definitely get the slicks for the extra rims, you will really need them if you plan on spraying at the track.

I wish I could offer some advice but I have only had the Viper at the track twice and was not able to lay down any really good numbers.
I ran a 12.5 @ 116 with basic exhaust and intake mods, ran a 12.0 at 124 MPH with the 200 shot. Without tires I could not even use the N20 in first or second and had to turn it on after the shift to third.

This might give you an idea of where you will run, since our cars power and drivers experience is about the same. It will make a drastic differance if you get some good tires.

Good Luck,
Ed

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, Why wait that long, go next Saturday. Its not that far from you. Let me know.

CHRISTMAS DRAG RACING FOR TOYS

When: December 14, 2002, Starts 9 a.m.

Where: Paradise Drag Strip, Calhoun, Ga

Exit 317, go west 4/10 mile, track

Is on the right.

Why: To collect toys for boys and girls

who may not have a blessed

Christmas.

If you would like to help or donate towards the cause, call Need For Speed (706)-370-7479 or Intune Performance (423)-336-5850. You can paypal a donation at www.paypal.com to account [email protected] .

Imports and domestics welcome!!!

Some of the FASTEST street cars will be there!!!

To enter, bring a toy for a boy and a girl and race all day long. Gate fee: $10.00

Let’s help make Christmas a joyful time for those who are less fortunate.

CURRENT SPONSORS

OP
OP
U

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Well, I don't have slicks yet. And I need to beef up my half shafts first. But I may come down ther to see what it is about. I have your number...I'll give you a call and maybe we can ride down there together.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mark,
With your car as it sits, stock shafts should be fine. I would get the V700 Kumho's. Lee Dove's car has over 600HP with NOS and he says they stick real well. Most guys only say good things about the traction capability of these things and they are my next tire purchase. Just a thought,

Mike

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kumho-----positives-great track/street tire stick great...negatives-stick to good for regular driving, the noise you hear driving will be street debris and pebbles hitting your paint from the tires,also wont get as many miles out of them as the pilots,i have a set had to take them off to save my paint,but i did like the feel of them,guess you cant have the best of both worlds
BURNOUT.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32