(I need help) 5 Pt Harnesses Questions

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally want to purchase some harnesses and I was looking on Summitracing.com for some harnesses and I found a lot of different widths and Lengths. I looked in the archives and found alittle but Doe’s anyone know the correct part number for a Simpson 5 harness in blue, or the correct length and width sizes needed for the viper.

Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
confused.gif

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
simpson part#33002 and 32020 if you want both sides double those part#s call simpson direct, save the time shipping back and forth when you get the wrong belts

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stiffler has a good looking set of belts in his car. (also a Blue/White) Although I haven't had my fat but in them they look comfy.

Maybe he'll chime in and let you know what kind they are.

SNAKOIL VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
length is not a big deal on the shoulders as the length is adjusted at the rear tie in point.

it may be personal preference, but i find the pull down difficult to tighten. (i'm 5-8 145#, so i use up all the harness adjustment to the tight side.) i'd get the pull up lap adjusters.

also, the cam lock is better than the latch system imho.

have them omit the labels on the lap belts as sometimes they get in the way of the adjusters.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have snakeoly 5 pts and love mine.
3 inch belts. sub and lap clip off and on with ease.

great price and many colors.

call collectors choice for snakeoly belts.
best wishes
JIM

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
part # i gave is camlock,i have had my simpsons on my blue/white for 4 years and love them they still look new,i have 4 vipers here now with 5 pt.harnesses in my opinion Simpsons look by far the best,but thats just me,

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SNAKOIL VA, i am 5'9" and was wondering, I know that the viper has a pedal adjustment knob, that allows the pedals to come forward or backward, any problems being 5'8"? i don't want to struggle to reach them when i get mine
smile.gif

Bill

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd also recommend talking to JonB at PartsRack - he carries the TeamTech harnesses. I much prefer them to the Simpson harnesses that I were previously installed in the car. One big advantage to the Teamtechs is that they have some excellent Viper-specific installation instructions. The instructions are especially good with advice for correct adjustment of strap lengths. Taking my time, I installed two sets in around four hours. Also, you might want to consider getting an Autoform interior trim panel, so that you don't have to cut your stock one. This way, you can remove the belts and reinstall the stock interior (glove box) piece without any damage.

SNAKOIL VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine's a 93, so i don't think i have that pedal adjustment. i just slide the seat close to the wheel when doing that kind of driving (rare for me to do this in the viper as i race an f5 for my andrenaline rush) the clutch doesn't have to hit the floor to do its job anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave