Best first mods???

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The smooth tubes and filters look nice and they don't cost much so you might as well buy them. For improved sound you can do a muffler change. Others may disagree but I don't think you will feel any improvement if you put on headers. It will give you some extra power and you will see a few tenths at the drags but I don't think you could actually feel it. If you want to feel an improvement for less than the $7k supercharger kit, go for a reasonable size nitrous kit. A rear end change to 3.55 gears will give you the feel too. It might not improve your quarter mile times but it will feel more powerful for street driving. But like I said, others may disagree.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperdays is a better mod than a $1,500 catback exhaust.

Remove the muffler for $150 and listen to it for a while. If you want it louder then remove the cats and resonators. Cost much less than any catback and the hp gain is probably better.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember this, the word, cheap and Viper are not to be said in the same sentence. You'll see.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
First off do the muffler delete and hi-flo cats. I along with Tomcat live in Woodstock so if you would like to hear an 01 GTS w/o a muffler and Hi-Flo's we all should meet. We have a very very good muffler shop that did the work on our cars and the best part is that you can put your stock muffler and pipes back on if you like. For around $105 the shop will remove your stock muffler/pipe assembly and custom bend straights that will bolt to exsisting brackets.

BTW... the shop will do custom 3" pipes from the headers back for far less than $1000.

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
borla cat back and smooth tubes are must to do.
smile.gif

after these mods save some money and get supercharger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456