Three quick questions

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for all you guys up north it is 72 degrees & sunny in Houston today & it was nice to drive the viper to work!!

I have 3 questions:

1. Is there a low fuel light on a 02 RT/10?

2. How come I can not get heat to come out of vents? I read in owners manual that only 1 temp. air comes out of vents, Cold.
Heat comes from floor vents. When driving in the morning with no top, it gets a little cold, my feet are hot enough without floor vents blowing on them!

3. Do you tip your viper mechanic?

Thanks
Andy

Thanks
Andy

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Can't answer #1 never let fuel get below a quarter tank on a drive and always put away full, #2 have never used the heater, #3 yes $20.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AJT:
Well for all you guys up north it is 72 degrees & sunny in Houston today & it was nice to drive the viper to work!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be nice. I'm expecting -20 tonight, and -30 tomorrow night.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AJT:
1. Is there a low fuel light on a 02 RT/10?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do believe I recall seeing one, but I try not to make it a habit.

2. How come I can not get heat to come out of vents? I read in owners manual that only 1 temp. air comes out of vents, Cold.
Heat comes from floor vents. When driving in the morning with no top, it gets a little cold, my feet are hot enough without floor vents blowing on them
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The dash vents are for AC only. Makes for some hot feet for sure!

3. Do you tip your viper mechanic?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, $20 usually, but sometimes more.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as temp is concerned.

The High Plains are one of the few places you can get 5 degree weather and clear roads.

As long as you warm up your tires you get tremendous power increases with low temp driving.

I used to live in Houston. The only weather problem I had there were the sudden tremendous thunderstorms that would flood the streets. Vipers are kind of low.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuel:
No warning light, unless you call the engine light a warning (when it stops running).

Heat:
Under strong acceleration, you'll get heat out the dashboard vents (this happens due to vacuum loss and the damper switches from floor to dashboard - or so I've heard, on the other hand, I've only noticed it when running A/C and accelerating uphill - it might just be ambient air (outside vented air, not heat)).

Tip:
"Don't invest in high-tech stocks". But seriously, yes, $20 is a good number (for normal maintenance).

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,
You can use the defroster and at least you will get warm air going to the windshield, that will warm up top pretty good.
(So.Cal weather report 1/20/03.. 75 degrees, clear skies)
Cheers,

OP
OP
AJT

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. I figured there was no warning light, I am use to a diff. car with dummy lights & even a reserve (C5). With a small viper tank, & a V10 I guess I need to look at the gas gauge more often...

2. Defroster heat is what I have been using, but when that is on so is the compressor. Summer will be here soon enough !

3. $ 20.00, good that is what I have been giving.

Thanks Everyone
Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper