San Francisco Bay Area Dealer Service?

Cruisin9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a new Viper owner, one of the first things on my to do list is to find a good Dodge dealer that can properly service my 2001 ACR. The car is still under factory warrantee and needs to have the 5 point harnesses replaced on the recall. The previous owner had the recall notice, but never had them replaced.

Any recommendations for dealers and viper techs would be greatly appreciated.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by TZL on 01-28-2003 at 04:56 PM</font>

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where in the bay area are you located? In the south bay, Stevens Creek Dodge in San Jose, 408-248-1800. Also for VCA members 10% over dealer cost on over-the-counter parts.

If you're looking for non-warranty work or mods, Ted May is the man. Valaya Racing 1854 Almaden Rd San Jose,CA 408-448-8811

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are in the East Bay, I can recommend the Viper Tech at Dublin Dodge (located near 680-580 junction)...Overall the Dealership is so so, but the Service Manager is great (Keith) and John the Viper Tech is also great...

Tomer

Reaction score
Welcome to the Viperholics of Northern California.
If you purchased the car new your first year of VCA membership is included. If used join the VCA asap, Check our web site for events. We will be Karting Feb. 8, 2003 10am-1pm. Good time to meet members. All your "Snake" questions will be answered. Our regions as a news letter which includes dealerships around the area that have provided good service.

Your first Viper? Take a Skip Barber 2 day school(25% discount to VCA members) to start a good foundation for performance driving.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was treated with a lot of respect at Autowest Dodge in fremont (I was called through-out the day to update me on my warrantee work(cracked console)...I'd reccomend them. dave

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try Hartzeim Dodge in San Jose. They replaced my oil cooler (had a hole). I took my car there since I purchased from them. I thought the oil cooler would be under warranty, NOT! So it did cost me $900! They do seem to know what they're doing
grazy.gif

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred(DrivingSchool)Kinder:
Today is Ben's last day. Bummer!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bummer...Looks like I'll have to go to Dublin Dodge for my recall work.

But then I heard a rumor that the Wizard is moving his operation out to NorCal.
laugh.gif

OP
OP
C

Cruisin9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I live in Fremont, so I may try Autowest Dodge first. Does anyone know the Viper tech's name at Autowest? The next closest would be either Dublin or Redwood City.

When I talk with these guys are there any questions I should ask regarding training or currency? Is it ok to talk directly with the tech or should I go through the service manager? Is there a standard test that Viper techs need to pass on an annual basis?

Thanks,

Jim