Finally.... (New Owner of a Viper!)

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Viper Community:

I've been browsing the VCA boards for quite some time. When I first saw the Dodge Viper ten or so years ago, I fell in love with it. The beautiful styling combined with incredible power made me gasp every time I would see one on the road. When I graduated from Ohio State (Go Bucks!), I thought about buying a Firehawk, but decided it was too common and the added performance wasn't too incredible. Then I looked at a Z06 and decided I would be crushed if my dream car would pull up next to me... and then leave me in the dust
wink.gif
So I held off, saved my pennies and FINALLY have a beautiful 96 RT/10, black with silver stripes, enroute to me via Virginia. I just want to say hello to everyone and that it is nice to become an owner!

John

PS: I am always open to suggestions on good ways to mod my viper. Please, if you have any definitely feel free to leave me a message!

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome,
You made a wise choice in going with the Viper! Glad you are a part of the 96' RT Club! Mods...? Well, do some searches. There are quite a few out there but some restrictions on the Gen 1 engine. I will tell you this though....I love my NX kit! Good luck

Mark

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go! Lets see some pics when it arrives, and easy on the fun pedal at first.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buckeye..Welcome to the Viper Nation! Notwithstanding your terrible taste in schools ( I'm a Michigan man ), Your color selection is impeccable, get some pics up when it arrives, always anxious to see more black/silver cars!

S

SUN RA KAT

Welcome to the Viper Nation!

Drive your Viper smoothly and carefully - it's got lots more power than you thought it would have - take your time getting used to it before you do any gonzo things.

If you're insane and want/need more power, then headers, hi flow cats, & cat back will be a good place to start - and don't forget Roe smooth tubes with S&B filters. (www.roeracing.com)

Ohio is home to at least several insane Viper owners who want/need more power like me.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car but Black is soooooooo much slower than red.

Good Job and welcome to the community

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELCOME to the 96 RT club, very exclusive indeed!! You will certainly enjoy the ride...Feel free to e-mail with any Qs (not that I am an expert)...You will find several unique things about the 96 RT...

Tomer

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of the Gen 1.5! Best of both worlds. Where did you buy the car? How many miles? What are you first mods going to be?

Mike

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are the best!

I bought the car from a private seller. Great guy. He just bought a marina and didn't have room to store the viper anymore (he chose to keep his '00 vette over the viper *gasp*). The odomoter is around 23k, so not too bad. I think the first mods will be either some tubes and filters (S&B sound good) or more likely some real windows! (any recommendations? Vipermania?)

Oh, and I almost forgot, I should probably check the finances and pony up for a membership in the greatest automobile club in America.

John

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul S Lacey:
Great car but Black is soooooooo much slower than red.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now now Paul, John just started his new addiction. I think its best he begin with a trainer and work his way up.

John welcome and congrats.

PS - stay away from those yellow owners. They think they're the fastest, but I personally think they've been sharing the naws shots with thier cars. Bad influence them bunch is...

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome !
let the mods begin.
If your going to do smooth tubes and filters
consider chrome air intake tubes.
they just look better.
IMHO!
do a search they are pics.
good luck
JIM
smile.gif

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Viper:
Oh, and I almost forgot, I should probably check the finances and pony up for a membership in the greatest automobile club in America.

John

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome and Congrats!!
BURNOUT.gif

Join and we'll let you stay? [Just kidding
laugh.gif
]

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There probably aren't a whole lot of Snakes in Columbus! Good job buddy. I was born and raised there. Eastside. GO BUCKEYES!!Finally can say we are #1.
Your '96 is a unique piece. Loudest factory exhaust of any Viper. Enjoy your hotrod and drive safe.dj

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth