Thread: How do you explain this..

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Default How do you explain this..

OK, I'm bored...

For those of you who like deep thinking rather than the old RICER and SMACK TALK

What would happen if someone discovered evidence that Dinosaurs and Humans existed in the SAME timeline, rather than 250 million years apart? It would obliterate the THEORY of evolution.

I'm sure most of you know, hard evidence HAS been discovered. I find it VERY funny that people still discredit this, the same people that base a theory on nothing BUT theory and no evidence. The evidence is a river bed in Texas that has Dinosaur footprints ALONG SIDE HUMAN footprints!! How is this possible? Read the site, it's very interesting.

Yup, that's right.. go to http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm

I won't get into the evolution and creationism, cuz people tend to get very personal about the fact. I hope it CAN be discussed with open minds...

I personally think evolution is a joke in itself.

How can a riverbed have both tracks side by side in the same mud and harden that are in the same time line? How to cave paitings from 1500BC have pictures of Brontosarauses (sp) on the cave walls?

Gerald

p.s
    the above has not been spell checked, no flame... just an observation

Enthusiast

Default Re: How do you explain this..

They are finding prehistoric fish in the deep jungle that “supposedly lived in prehistoric times and no longer exist”. I will say this that I have always felt some answers lie deep below the snowcaps. One thing that was never answered for me when the theory of dinosaurs came up in class. What about the ones in the seas? Why could a huge whale survive but not a huge prehistoric fish? It is obvious that the earth is more than 7,000 years old. It is obvious that we were more advanced at one time or “had assistance”. If a catastrophic event happened right now, say a huge asteroid. We would almost be knocked back to the Stone Age. Our system and knowledge is fragile. We rely on electricity ect… to function. If our system collapsed the cities would crumble and famine would hit? We would no longer teach or learn. We would simply resort back to survival and basic instincts. We would tell great stories that our generations would tell theirs. Our city walls and metal cars would eventually turn to dust. The books would return to dust as well. Thousands and thousands of years would pass and the people of Earth would discover the secret of making and refining metal again, thus the pattern is followed. They will talk of ancient Gods flying on arrows in the sky and generating power from a strong beam of light. They will talk of the stars and how the Gods used to fly to them. They will talk of the wrath cast down by the Gods that destroyed most of the Earth.

It is a big Universe and would be childish to think we are the most advanced. Is there a Supreme Being that has abilities beyond our own human comprehension, I think so. For any that believe in the good book, the Writer gives us a glimpse of our past when He states, “There is nothing new under the Sun.” We are amazed at the precision and “SIZE” of what the ancients created. Hello if we can’t even do it with the machinery and precision with our tools of today, then what does that tell you? We choose to ignore the obvious. Where is this evidence of Evolution? Oh wait it is called a theory because there is no evidence to substantiate it! Yet they teach it in school…interesting don’t you think? I can accept adaptation, not evolution based on a lucky mutation becoming dominant then another, then another and from slime grows arms, eyeballs ect……do you realize how complex eyeballs are…talk about millions of years of “chance mutations” working perfectly with each other to form organs that need each other to function properly….oh wait let me guess the human body just mutated all at once to form each organ that relies on each other to function. Remove one and the body dies, thus wouldn’t the mutation die?

So did humans walk with or hunt dinosaurs, I say quite possible. There is so much to be learned before we kill each other from our “advancements in technology”. Perhaps that is what the one before us did, knocked themselves back to the stoneage, thus here we are to repeat it. If what I say is true and we have forgotten our own history beyond 7,000 years, then we may be doomed to repeat it. Perhaps Joker will be spoken with reverence in 8,000 years?

Enthusiast

"Holly was hot!!!" thats classic

Enthusiast

Some evolve ... and some don't.

Enthusiast

I'm not as dumb as I look! oh wait, I'm not as dumb as I sound...wait........ah heck just forget it!

Viper Owner

Read Stephen Hawking, he ties together the great event and a creator, one of the most renown and well respected astrophysicists of our time.

And Joker, You seem pretty intelligent and I like many of your ultra conservative positions, but at the end of the day,

You're still not a Viper!!

Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigsViper:

And Joker, You seem pretty intelligent and I like many of your ultra conservative positions, but at the end of the day,

You're still not a Viper!!

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I want to be cool toooo!

Someday perhaps.....?

***pulls head down and walks away with evil grin***

Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:
    Some evolve ... and some don't.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enthusiast

has anyone dug one of these tracks up or used some technique to determine whether the tracks were sandwiched on top of one another but at differing times ?

Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JusSumFastGi:
    Despite what Egyptologist say, the Sphinx is over 10,000 years old (the rain weathering makes it at LEAST this old, and the geologist society says the Sphinx can not be as new as they say... who knows how old it is.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually subsurface water drainage or Nile flooding could have produced the 'rain weathering' you refer to.

Enthusiast

HOw can the tracks be sandwhiched on top of one another when there is DEPTH to them? How does a track on top sink into the earth below it when it is already fossilized?

I agree with Joker and the lot. The sphinx is MUCH, MUCH older than we think. Did anyone see the special about the formations and the face on Mars and the relation to the structures on Mars related to the pyramids, etc? They are now finding out the pyramids are 1,000's of years older than what was previously thought..

Society today teaches kids (and ourselves) based on theories that are so far fetched (Big Bang, Evolution) I cannot believe that they are even taught. Like Joker said, think about how complicated the function of an eye is. Did this happen by mistake? Did one mutation pass this mutation onto another and so one,this mutation was actually able to breed also with another mutatation, etc etc.

What about these tracks? How is that explained? There is also some interesting evidence I saw on the discovery channel a year or so back. Somewhere in the new Mexico Desert there was this large mound with many rocks on it that didn't match the terrain of the natural rocks in the desert. They picked up a couple rocks
    and using their carbon dating method, they dated a rock to be over 10,000 years old. They X-Rayed the same rock and inside they found an object that had a spark plug type design and made of some type of metal... strange....
    They also have a sandal that was unearthed.. What is so strange about it? There was an imprint of a trilibite on the bottom of the shoe. Trilibite is one of the oldest forms of single celled life......

Gerald

Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
    Trilibite is one of the oldest forms of single celled life......
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the poor old ba$tard is rollin over in his grave listening to this going "And to think I spawned these dumb-bunnies 3 billion yrs ago. I shoulda stayed an amino acid."

Viper Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
    There was an imprint of a trilibite on the bottom of the shoe. Trilibite is one of the oldest forms of single celled life......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time I heard, a trillobite was multicelled.

Enthusiast

Most people get excited about SETI (the search for extra-terrestrial intelligence program), a program which searches for signs of life in the universe.

How will they know when they find intelligence?

Simple, they say--we search for non-random, non-repeating sequences of data present in the spectrum.

I have always found this funny.
    See, if they pointed their satellite dishes at a strand of dna in any living cell on earth, that's all that they would get.

Yet the trillions of bits of data in each chromosome, we are told, does NOT represent intelligence.

One must ask oneself: what criteria would I use to determine intelligent design?

The answer for most darwinists is, unfortunately, "nothing".

The discovery of the mechanism and complexity of DNA/RNA should have spelled the demise of the rehash of "spontaneous generation" of the Greeks known as Neo-Darwinism.

But the fact is, most are comfortable with their beliefs--they don't want to question them.

Others ardently oppose intelligent design for a more sinister reason--they don't want to answer to a designer.

NO FLAME INTENDED TO ANYONE--I RESPECT EVERYONE'S BELIEFS

Enthusiast

Gerald-Didn't you know that we came from monkeys?!

Enthusiast

Society today teaches kids (and ourselves) based on theories that are so far fetched (Big Bang, Evolution) I cannot believe that they are even taught. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second this. You want blind faith?

Consider the quantum singularity.

Our children are asked to believe that all mass in the universe began compressed into a point of zero volume.

This quantum singularity for no given reason exploded into a universe of perfection.

Each fragment of matter in the universe is composed of a perfect system of protons, neutrons and electrons.

Every proton is EXACTLY the same mass.

Every neutron is EXACTLY one electron heavier than a proton. (that's because it decays an electron to become a proton--how bout that!)

Every electron has precisely the opposite charge of a proton.

And all of these pieces combine to form a system as complex as any we see at our scale.

This is all the result of an explosion of all mass from zero volume.

Now if that's not blind faith, there is no such thing as blind faith.

Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NEON SNAKE:
    Where the foot-prints behind the dinosaur,as if he was chasing it ? or where they if front ,as if he were being chased ? Just curious.

GOD created everything.

Thank GOD for H E L L

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enthusiast

where does rice fit into all of this?

Viper Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by USAF BAD ASP:
    where does rice fit into all of this?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rice is the anti-matter of all things good in the universe. Rice is the anti-theorem of Darwin. If only the strong survive there would be no Rice.

Rice is a wonderfully complex food for humans in a very simple form; many healthy cultures are based on a rice diet.

On the other hand, Rice is a terribly simple, mindless form of food for Vipers; many healthy, powerful domestic automobiles are based on a rice diet.

I believe Rice is a one-celled creature, with that one cell continually decaying into one Moron.

VCA Member
    Northeast

Sorry they look faked to me. As a treasure hunter and researcher into the occult I've learned the hard way about X marks on a map. When a respected (read: independent) scientific group verifies that these are genuine fossils then I'll form an opinion about man/dinosaurs.

Enthusiast

When the "theory of evoloution" was first penned, it did not include the idea that everything evolved from a single celled amoeba or anything. It was used to describe how critters can change over time. Only later was evolution used as an alternative to creationism. The original theory of evolution would now be referred to as "speciation", where a species adapts and changes over time to become a new species.

How about combining both creationism and evolution:

Assume 1) Creationism did take place, and most things were put here by a higher power. After the creation, God let everything go on it's merry way and change (speciation).

Assume 2) Speciation did take place, and we really did come from monkeys.

Follow the thought 3) God must be a monkey. God made man in his own image, but man came from monkeys through speciation. That means God actually made monkeys in his own image.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, and I'm not saying I believe that. I offer it as more of a humorous insight into the whole debate. I do have very strong religious beliefs, and I believe in creationism. However, speciation DOES occur. I studied paleontology for several years, and this kind of debate always comes up. I love it!

So long, and thanks for all the fish........

Enthusiast

People make some excellent points! Some make some strong points based on the blinders they wear as they stumble through life...Ooops. Leave the last remark off.
    Mutation and evolution are the same thing. If you don't believe in evolution you don't believe in mutation. Thus you don't see all of those three and four legged frogs happily hopping around the earth...Please don't say chemicals are the cause and leave it at that. Mutations are a product of environment, man made or otherwise.
    Respectfully...

Ps. I'll still cruise with you, as long as the blinders come off for the drive.

PPS. how 'bout the evolution of the car!! Viper all the way

Enthusiast

Point taken!
    The de-evolution of the car. RICE...RiCe...rice...tfhtfg...ploop! Actually, rice is becoming resistant to antibiotics. They're taking over!!

Viper Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigsViper:
    I believe Rice is a one-celled creature, with that one cell continually decaying into one Moron.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
    Thats funny!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

............. Then how about giving me some credit with the quote button?? Geez, I haven't been able to harvest a compliment or a laugh off this board for so long I've lost all confidence and motivation! Even some of my best have been appropriated or the source forgotten, such as Viper Alley and extensive use of outlandish smilies (has gotten so common now I don't even bother).

Oh, Well, THANKS FORE MAKEING ME FEELE BETTERE!!!

Enthusiast

............. Then how about giving me some credit with the quote button?? Geez, I haven't been able to harvest a compliment or a laugh off this board for so long I've lost all confidence and motivation! Even some of my best have been appropriated or the source forgotten, such as Viper Alley and extensive use of outlandish smilies (has gotten so common now I don't even bother).

Oh, Well, THANKS FORE MAKEING ME FEELE BETTERE!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your still cool but you are still no Cobra

Viper Owner

All I know is that I dont know.

Enthusiast

I will say this, look at Egypt’s history and how the Lower What Have You united with the Upper What Have You ect ect…. They were tribal and all of sudden they created one of the greatest mysteries of all time. They were so advanced in mathematics ect but their communication and writings are basic symbols. Wouldn’t their writings be as complex and detailed as what it took to design and build the pyramids? I would think so. I think it is a crock theory and they simply were mud eaters along the Nile who moved into these cool looking buildings. Just like Stonehenge, a bunch of dirt worshipers Druids built Stonehenge? Right………. Am I the only one that sees the pattern here, complex system and design required that doesn’t match the people living there or intelligence level? Look in South America or where ever the heck it is, there is this huge rock that was cut ect and it dwarfs the slabs used to build the pyramids. There are also buildings or structures built from these types of slabs that had to be moved hundreds of miles. Same pattern again, complex system and design that baffles our engineers of today and it does not match the people living in the region. In all these areas the “People” who designed them disappeared. Coincidence or evidence of something that we refuse to acknowledges because of our Human Ego. There is some truth to legends and if you think about Atlantis and writings of men or Gods flying on arrows (can’t remember if it was men or Gods). What would a tribe or a person that has never seen an airplane think when they looked in the sky and saw one? What does it look like that they can describe it the best way they know how? With the evidence that is all around us in the world, what direction does it point? Even as a kid when I used to read my fathers books on the pyramids, Stonehenge ect…. I had a hard time accepting the convenient theory that allowed our society to the claim of being more advanced and they simply used thousands of men. It didn’t make sense that these crude speaking and crude living people took it upon themselves to create one of the greatest mysteries. Their societies in other aspects did not match these great creations. I always wanted to be like Indiana Jones but I loved other things too much.

Enthusiast

Scientists continue to prove that they stubbornly serve their own profession above all else when it comes to "evolution." There is no single unanimously accepted theory of evolution; there happens to be leading scientists, scholars, and researchers that have devoted their lives to defining the progression of terrestrial organisms.

The ranging theories are so flawed and askew, when taken as a whole, that leading scientists often find themselves cancelling or nullifying a parallel study. All that I was taught in college has since become "obsolete" in the sense that previously accepted reports have now been discredited.

Regardless of spiritual inclinations, the path of evolution remains a mystery to man in its greater and substantial form. I don't see Creationists and Evolutionists as being on opposite sides of the fence. There are interwoven components even in the case of extreme beliefs.

Personally, I know that God created man and I know that some scientists will realize this when they come to their death bed. I suppose the scientists that continue to push for "evolution" in the traditional sense are spending their life's efforts in no less a manner than a used car salesman.

Good topic none-the-less and it makes for some interesting opinions.

Oh, and ... I still believe RICE is wrong!!!!

Enthusiast

I think we need cliff notes for this thread. You guys are writing more than even I usually post.

As for evolution, I am pretty sure we are descended from monkeys - because when I look at some of the folks on this board, I see we haven't really evolved that much after all!

On a serious note - I think evolution and darwinism is BS. Bold position, I know. I just don't think natural selection is responsible for where we are now. If it was, WHY are vision problems still with us? Would they not have been darwin-ism'ed out a long time ago?

On the other hand, Pavloff showed that spontaneous evolution doesn't happen either.

I think the real answer is that we don't really know for sure.

Bigs, don't get too close to any museums, or they might grab you thinking they found the missing link!

Enthusiast

The tracks in the River bed are no hoax. I've seen specials on tv before. How do you hoax tracks that have been uncovered under 10ft of river bed with camera's there rolling? Can't be done. Those that want to dismiss it can't see their NOSE in front of their face. Yet they are the ones that cry for proof of evolution. When the proof is against them, they ignore it.
    We have YET to find a SINGLE creature that is the "missing link" in each species.. Fron Dinasaur to birds, from ape to man, etc.

Did ANYONE see the special about the formations on Mars in relation to the pyramids in egypt? VERY intersting and puzzleing. Did you know there are PYRAMIDS on mars?? Flat out fact. Angles and perfect geomotry to good to be natural errosion...

Gerald

yes, my spelling sux, so what

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast