Thread: Run off road!!!!

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default Re: Run off road!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
    did you go the cops with the plate?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I called them last night. They said that they could send someone out to meet me last night but they had no idea how long it would take and it was already 2am and I was at another friends house (I didn't want to stay too late). They told me to go to the CHIPS office on monday morning to sort it out. I really don't have time to run around during the week to take of this stuff but for me it's worth it to get this guy in trouble.

Enthusiast

I was once rear ended (not in the viper) by a woman with no drivers license and no insurance driving a salvaged mid 80's maxima (filled with 4-5 children) that was registered to someone else that had a different address than she did. I called the cops and she said she couldnt wait and just took off. Cops came about 2 hours later and said we cant do anything about it. I basically had to have my uninsured motorist coverage take care of the damage.

The Cops didnt bother taking her information, they never went to her house and she was never punished for the accident, no license, no insurance, and leaving the scene.

Hope you have better luck Makara.

Enthusiast

Probably never saw you.Has happened to me in other small vehicles.Especialy when alongside large trucks.Then maybe he didn't give a ship because he was bigger.Same thing happens to the donor cycle (motorcycle) crowd.Its a screw you I'm a lot bigger than you.You will go around or die attitude.MORAL OF THE STORY.When you pass.PASS!NO matter what you are driving.In the Viper I make the kind of pass that only could be described as an F-16 passing a piper cub.Creeping by keeps you in harms way.Get on the right pedal and minimize danger. Bruce

Enthusiast

Makara,

If they are not too bad, you can polish out the wheel lips (lip job) with a triple head contour sander and some 1000 grit sanding discs and a little patience. Our Viper was a week old when my dear wife kissed a curb with ours. Yes, both wheels.
    The sander and discs come from Sears. Its called a 3-D sander.
    Seriously, you cant tell!

Bobbo in Chula Vista

Enthusiast

Been there, done that. Except I hit a concrete divider

8K and (hopefully) 2 weeks later, i'm back on the road.

MM

Enthusiast

Makara,

Also check AAA Rims website. They carry Viper wheels and their prices are much less than the dealer.

Bobbo

Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad Asp:
    Makara,

If they are not too bad, you can polish out the wheel lips (lip job) with a triple head contour sander and some 1000 grit sanding discs and a little patience
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Bigs could chime in? He gave a lip job recently

Actually I'm not kidding... Bigs, how did you do it and how well did it work?

Viper Owner

Default Run off road!!!!

Last night I was coming home from a friend's house at about 1:40 am when I found myself a few car lengths behind a black limo on an onramp to the 101. The limo was going pretty slow up the ramp and because there are two lanes on the ramp, it would not be a problem for me to pass him and be on my way. As I was passing the limo I noticed that he was moving more and more into my lane. I laid on the horn but that didn't stop anything. He came within inches of hitting my car as I swerved and hit the breaks to avoid body damage. I ended up getting "pushed" onto a small curb on the side of the onramp. The limo moved back to his original lane and went on his way. I was able to catch up with the car and get its plate number and I tried signaling to the driver but he was more interested in smoking his cigarette than anything else. I can't believe the nerve of some people. My car has 700 miles and now everytime I see it from the passenger side of the car, I will be reminded of this incident. The rims look like they went through a blender on the outer lip.

Viper Owner

Double post....

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Makara on 08-11-2002 at 12:46 PM</font>

Enthusiast

did you go the cops with the plate?

Viper Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CarlRspeaks4JustMe:
    About the *Donor Cycle* comment - in New Mexico - the Harley riders had a solution for the "I'm bigger than you are!" syndrome... They strapped on a *hog leg* (handgun - usually large caliber)... Amazing the... care... autos passing them exhibited... gave them a wide berth!

I guess it goes back to that comment about Mr. Colt - "making all men equal"...

Later...
    Carl...

sorry to have hijacked the thread... but, I couldn't resist!

crf...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean hijack? I think that is a valid idea. Some sort of gun turret on top of the viper would be pretty cool. Maybe a rocket can shoot from each foglight. How much would this weigh and how much would that slow me down in the quarter mile.

I've been too busy at work to go to the CHIPS office to file a report. I am going to try to get in today or tomorrow. I definitly want this guy to get in trouble.

Enthusiast

Makara- What's the plate #, and full description of the vehicle?

Maybe one our So Cal members will see this guy, and help him see the error of his ways!

Back in the day, before I had risen above the evil ways of my baser self, and achieved the full glorius state of personal enlightenment you see today,

I once threw a handful of change at the windshield of an azzhole who tried to deliberately run me out of my lane while on my "donor cycle". Then I ran like hell. (He was looking right at me and sneering as he veered into my lane, so its not like it was an accident or something)

Very bad behavior on my part, but I'll bet he won't be intimidating cyclists anymore. Intimidating is too loose a word, its actually assault with a deadly weapon, but you could never get a conviction, without a solid witness.

Viper Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:
    Makara- What's the plate #, and full description of the vehicle?

Maybe one our So Cal members will see this guy, and help him see the error of his ways!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Black Limo. Looked like a lincoln. It also looked longer than your standard stretch. Might have been a 30 footer but I am not sure. The plates are CRWNVIP

Enthusiast

Ok, thanks.

Was that on ramp to the 101 in the San Fernando Valley, or?

Gotta get the posse together- Where's those Texans when you need them?

Enthusiast

Oh, those drive bank throughs are the worst!

Viper Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:
    Ok, thanks.

Was that on ramp to the 101 in the San Fernando Valley, or?

Gotta get the posse together- Where's those Texans when you need them?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was leaving Sepulveda Blvd. to get onto the 101 so I guess that is the valley. The more I think about what could have happened, the more I want to get this guy. I'd like to actually meet him, talk to him a bit and figure out exactly what he was thinking.

If I make a claim on something like this, will my insurance go up?

Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Makara:

If I make a claim on something like this, will my insurance go up?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I drive about 50,000 miles a year for business, and have had my share of mishaps in the past. (I'm much better now! )

The first time I made a claim on my collision coverage, (not my fault) nothing happened to my rates.

Then I got hit again by a separate, but simular, jackazz, and again filed a claim under uninsured motorist. No rate change yet.

Next time was my turn to be the jackazz, and I made an illegal
    u-turn without checking my blindspot, and hit a pick-up truck. When I made a claim, the insurance co. said I had too many accidents, and cited all three incidents, and used them (rightly or wrongly, no matter) as leverage to substantiate not renewing my policy. Had to pay another carrier far more for coverage.

Knowing now that ins co's play this way, I do not file claims at all now, if possible. If its just gonna cost a few hundred, better forget it. Just pay to get it fixed, and you will save money in the long run with the cheapest possible insurance rates.

ps. None of the foregoing mishaps involved my Viper. Thank God!

Enthusiast

I believe all it takes is some money and a trip to the DMV to get the address of the vehicle owner. Then you can go there with a few of your closest friends , to show the fellow the error of his ways.