ACR shock settings

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Gurus!
As I still do not have a consensus on what the preferred Jounce/Rebound settings are on the ACR (for an improved handling characteristics while retaining some semblance of a daily ride level) I have received the info from the Viper mag on this topic as well as some real helpful advice from the Archer team. Any ACR owners that have adjusted their shocks I would appreciate it if you have made a setting that you like. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this well help you. Bill Pemberton posted this on the old board

Re: ACR Shock adjustment info - info gathered from Mumford,Mayes, Gomez, McCann info even better.

Posted by Bill Pemberton on Saturday, 30 September 2000, at 9:41 a.m., in response to ACR Shock adjustment info, posted by Dave Golder on Thursday, 28 September 2000, at 8:45 p.m.

Probably the very best settings have been found by some extremely successful racers. The settings courtesy of Paul Mumford ( yes, he really is fast ), Brett Mayes, Tony Gomez ( won the Viper - Vette Shootout in Florida this year ) , and McCann Racing ( check out Viper Days results to see how fast Mike and Jim McCann are), are different from the article, but have been proven on the track. Courtesy of these gentleman ( particularily Mumford ) the settings are as follows: Lower the car no more than 3/4 of an inch - bottoms out to often at 1 inch. Corner weight and do competition alignment Set compression at 3 all the way around Set front rebound at 2, and rear rebound at 4. The key, according to Mumford, is to lower the rebound as the shocks pack up pretty easily on a bumpy track. Settings like this enabled Tony Gomez to run amuk over the Vette guys and even Viper Instructors. Mumford went 3 secs. faster than when set at the articles settings. Quite often when something new comes out, it takes a couple of years to find the truly optimal set-up. I think these gentleman, with the level of skill they possess, have found the set-up that will be optimal in most situations.

OP
OP
Vipergtsbob

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB-Pace Car Pilot:
The Year and sub-Year Matters ! The good data posted applies to 1999 and 1/2-2000 only. New shocks, completely different system in 2000.5 ACR onward.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper