2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 / NEWS FOR ORDERING!!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it is!!!!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Here's the deal:
Owners of Vipers purchased new between the original launch of the Viper and Nov. 15, 2001 and still owned by the original owner will be given the opportunity to make a reservation for the 2003 Viper SRT-10. These owners are still known to Dodge and their ownership is easily verified. Asking for a reservation doesn't obligate the customer to buy the car, but it does give the customer the option to place an early order for the new Dodge Viper convertible that could be in short supply!

From Dec. 10, 2001 to Jan. 10, 2002, a four-week window of opportunity will be open only to customers who have purchased a new Viper before Nov. 15, 2001, still own that car, and have applied for and received a unique, serial-numbered early reservation cerificate. The reservation certificates will be offered to qualified potential buyers on a first come, first served basis, but the reservation does not determine any particular vehicle build sequence or any individual priority within the early reservation group.

The customer will register interest in the early reservation program in either of two ways:
A) Visit www.viperclub.org or www.2003vgx.com
and follow the approval process outlined.
B) Or call Viper Headquarters on the special toll-free 2003 Viper SRT-10 line at 1-877-468-6864 [9 am to 5 pm est, Mon-Fri]

THE CERTIFICATE IS NOT TRANSFERABLE!!

COOL
bounce.gif
HERE THEY COME!!!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Questions? The VCA Regional Presidents have been given information to assist in answering your inquiries.

Basics of the program is Viper owners that BOUGHT THEIR CARS NEW prior to Nov 15, 2001 AND STILL OWN THEM will be given an opportunity to get a certificate which will allow them to purchase a 2003 Viper for a four week window beginning Dec 10. They will have until February 28, 2002 to get with the Dodge Dealer of their choice to place a valid deposit and confirm intent to buy the Viper. If the car is not ordered by Feb available, the reservation certificate expires.

If there are vehicles available after the 28th, all other interested customers can place orders.

Of particular interest "....the reservation does not determine any particular vehicle build sequence or any individual priority within the early registration group."

Or in other words, if you get your certificate Dec 10, or Jan 1st, it does not put you in any particular spot in line.....

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I didnt buy my Viper new is because the color wasnt available. I had to buy it used. To only allow those who bought them new to have priority isnt fair. Maybe the offer should be extended to those owners who bought any Viper before 2003 specs were released, that way it keeps individuals from buying a used one now just to get priority on the new one.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way for us to get more info on the '03 before this impending deadline for the chosen few? I haven't been able to decide on the design of the car (looks wise) based on what I've been able to see. Are there good photos out there or video, is there a car still touring around, would DC make a brochure or some other more detailed info available - at least to those who call in on this offer. I might be interested, but I LOVE my viper and I'd need to know that I would LOVE the Gen III before planning on parting with my current baby and making a reservation.

Dave.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy, just a suggestion. Make your reservation. I believe you don't have to actually decide to order one until after 10 Jan. Then try to find a car show where they are showing. This may buy you some time.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check out edmonds.com and get to their video section, they have a great 2 minute streaming video if you have high speed that shows the '03 on the showroom floor as well as track time from all angles, gives a great idea of its looks in motion, just found it today!!!
smile.gif

Ryan

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I think would be fair, is to let anyone who was able to buy the dodge extended warranty (2nd in on the car only) to participate. why not? they were good enough to get the extended warranty. why not good enough to get in on this?

And a brochure with color options and cost would be nice.
Also feature. most are obvious. more Hp and torque
but will there be an ACR type option? Are 5 or 6 pts standard?

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like I bought my 2001 GTS just in the nick of time! Of course, it's so beautiful I don't know if I will feel like parting with it when the time comes....Hopefully more info on performance will be forthcoming soon. Any word on when more details about power, 0-60, 1/4 mile, braking, skid pad, etc. will be made available?

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm, one question occurs to me. Are there a limited number of certificates that will be available? If so, what is the number of certificates?

(And, on a related note, how many people does DC think are qualified to receive a certificate based on the aforementioned criteria?)

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
any idea of cost yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the low to mid 80's

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my question is: are there any restrictions on what the dealers can charge us? This is probably a question for those of you who did the 96 experience. I have gotten my self on 3 "lists", one at number 1, one number 4, and one number 13. From the sounds of this, all this negotiating is for naught, and now I can go to any dealer and negotiate on price, etc. anew (MSRP -2500 was my best deal on the above negotiations).

I ask also because when I was purchasing my present car (a local dealer who will remain unmentioned) was only selling 97 GTS' (in early 97) for 125k, I went to another dealer, in another state, and got it for MSRP -2500. I'd hate to have a choice of MSRP +15k, +20k, and +25k as my options...

Eeek, just when you had it all figured out...

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever the sticker price is, expect the car to go for $115 - 120K in the first few months, after dealers and some private parties get their hands on them. There will certainly be an entrepreneurial interest in these beasts. remember the original 92 RT/10s, the ZR-1s, Buick GNX's, etc.

If I get one, I'll sell it for less than $115K. Like, say $114, 999.99. Plus floor mats, shipping, finders fee, pics of ******* babes hanging all over it, the John Deere ball cap & luggage kit, and last but not least, the CAB-OVER light package!

;-)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I should have kept my '97 Red GTS (bought new!) for one more year!! I sold it last year and bought a '98 Silver GTS! I had to have Silver!!
Looks like I am *%&@^!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
OK! Here's some answers:

Dodge, your National VCA AND JR Thompson tried very hard to accomodate ALL Viper owners, and legally, this was the only secure method available.

There is not supposed to be a limited number of certificates, and the one month timeframe was to make sure all interested owners were satisfied.

Are there restrictions to what dealers can charge? Absolutely not! ... BUT, the great thing about this program is that YOU are in the drivers seat! Once you have your certificate, you can go to ANY Dodge dealer of your choice, so obviously all our preferred Viper oriented dealers will be offering very competitive prices!

You've got to give Dodge a great round of applause for this one! They know they'll sell everyone they build, so their sincere attempt to give us an incredible "head start" is truly above and beyond the call of duty!

Thanks Dodge! Looks like EVERY SRT-10 sold in '03 will surely be in the hands of a current Viper owner!!!!

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to my local dealer, the 2003 will sticker at $98,000 including a $9,000 gas guzzler tax. Anybody know how the fed's figure this tax? Just keeps it under six figures. No doubt we'll see some dealer's demand a "market price adjustment".

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
No pricing is available yet...so don't believe any hearsay!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion... We (Viper Owners) will control the price gouging. We will be the only ones to get the certificates in the first month. The dealers can't get the cars and sell them to us unless we go to them and place the orders. After the first month it will be open game. At least that is my understanding of the way the system will work.

I would think this system is much better. The dealers that like to take advantage of us will not be able to. All we have to do is go to another dealer. Remember... the car can only go to you if the name on the purchase agreement matches the name on the certificate.

There are many good dealers out there that treat the Viper owners correctly. Their names are on the boards often.

Woodhouse Dodge is the best! Call Bill Pemberton and get your name on their list!!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be really hard for dealers to gouge buyers with vouchers. Simply because owners with vouchers are going to go to the dealership that you purchased your gen1-2 Viper from, they are certainly not going to slap you in the face, and if you are, there will be many other dealerships that would be willing to work with you. If there are any Ontario Viper owners that are lookign for a great dealership to put a GEN III through I know of two great dealerships (the one was one we purchased 2 Vipers through we purchase chrysler fleet vehicles through) and the other one I am personal friends with the Manager of the Dealership.

If anyone in Ontario wishes for contacts let me know.

Craig

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe an explanation has ever been given for why buyers/owners of new Vipers are given the first chance. It could be that a purchase of a new car is profit to the dealer AND DC. The purchase of a used car probably never involves profit to DC, just the dealer or a private party. This could be the logic that DC used. You line their pockets, and they pay you back with first chance.

Concerning price, I believe that my heinie will be in that seat for not more than $80K (w/o trade)(also, WILL buy from Woodhouse, no doubt about it!). I think the new car has lots of cost cutting design and assembly considerations that will allow the cost to be comparable to the current vehicle.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
101GT2,

Huh?

More than likely, production will exceed current production levels, and Dodge is determined to leave our "pre-order" invite open for 1 month so that ALL our owners can get their certificate AND order their car. I'm sure if certificates exceed their first year production, the offer will be extended until ALL certificate holders receive their SRT-10. How could there possibly be price gouging? You'll be walking in to your favorite dealer (or calling them) and offering THEM the opportunity to write up the order... as long as they meet YOUR acceptable price. There are plenty of dealers out there that would gladly accept ANY price as long as they can make "a few bucks"... and most of them can be found right here on our website. They are all sincere, Viper focused dealers, who in many cases, live, breathe, eat and sleep VIPERS and enjoy making our Viper Nation happy.... no matter what it takes!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Joe on this one, in '96, the coupon holders were able to get unreal deals because the dealers could not order/get a car unless they had a buyer with a coupon..... getting cars for less than MSRP was not uncommon. Really. That program was a little different because people had an idea where in line they were.

Will dealers turn away coupon holders for a month, hoping to get and allocation so they can gouge people, I sort of doubt it.... Dodge will be to busy delivering cars to the certificate holders.

As many have said, if they do, the customer will just go to another Viper Dealer, and there are a LOT more Viper dealers now than there were in '92. As Joe said, many of the top flight dealers advertise right on this site, I would not worry about dealers gouging.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to take the recommendation to make a reservation, even though I'm completely up in the air about the decision - but, it will give me until Jan to decide. I know if I decide yes, than the 2000 goes on the market immediately and I'll be looking to Bill Pemberton to get the car / deal taken care of for the '03. I'll check up on the edmonds, etc that have been referenced but I'm biting my nails for more info from DC and to see one in person (if anyone knows of tours or shows headed to the east coast!!). Oh, and if we're kissing $100K, I may be toast .. $75K, $80K, $85K, I can handle it .. $100K would put me in therapy, plus, I couldn't afford the divorce that would follow
laugh.gif

Dave.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone paying OVER sticker will be dealing with a non-friendly VCA dealer. Go to one of the dealers that has supported us in the past and you will get a fair deal.

Any dealer who is giving you pricing today is simply lying about it. I get calls on a frequent basis from DEALERS asking what the price will be. These are the larger Viper dealers in the world. So if they do not know you can bet that the rest don't know either.

Pricing will be released shortly, but I think we will be surprised at how fair it is going to be. Last year at the unveiling there were hints as to what rang it may be. And judging by what is being guessed here you should all be pretty happy!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One reason that they probably use the "original owner" scheme is so that those who are trying to make a quick buck on a Gen. 3 would not just go out and buy any Viper so that they would be "owners".

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, call me cranky, but I don't like it. I know I did not DIRECTLY put $$$ into Dodge's pocket when we bought each of our 1996's, but jeez, we do support the brand in a BIG way - not counting the 2 trucks we bought since the Vipers (which we would not have even considered had it not been for the cars..) and the countless purchases that we have 'influenced' based on our loyalty and great Dodge experiences. ANd, one reason the Vipers sell so well is due to exceptional resale value - and I'd like to think I helped that in my own way.

So, since we did not buy either of our cars new, we are part of the 'rest' and we'll have to fend for ourselves when it comes to an '03. How many original owners are still out there? I'll bet its less than 50%. Wouldn't it have been nice to give the original owners first shot, then maybe another 2 week window for VCA members, or "other" Viper owners? I really hate being lumped into vying for availablity with the unwashed masses
smile.gif
- just kidding - but truthfully, some additional advanced opprtunity would have been appreciated. This way excludes a whole lot of loyal Vipe owners...

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what will this do to the value of our GENII cars now? Depreciate them greatly? One could get raked at the dealer on the price of an '03 SRT and then get raked trying to sell or trade a used GENII vehicle. So who is really the winner and loser here?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sitting in Pole position at a very large dealership, money down for about a year now, have already agreed on MSRP(extended warranty included)!
Now if someone walks in with a certificate and I get to watch them pick up there 2003 before me... Well, I guess I would admire the car, while being very angry!!
Ok though, that is not going to be pretty!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456