Viper owners first in line to order the '03 SRT-10??

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper owners first in line to order the \'03 SRT-10??

On the first page of the current issue of <u>VCA Notes</u> (Vol. No. 1 Issue No. 7 November 2001), Joe Houss writes..."Dodge also delighted us with the great news that they have designed a method of all current Viper owners to have first opportunities to purchase the 2003 convertible when it arrives!" Does anyone have any additional clarifying information to flesh out this seemingly great news?

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper owners first in line to order the \'03 SRT-10??

Yes, it's true...... there is extremely good news lurking around the corner, although I was asked to hold it in confidence, and must honor that.

HOWEVER, I'm now surprised that one of our GREAT VCA national management team members, who lobbied so well on our behalf to pull this off, has not already posted the details. The Dodge dealer where I have MY 2003 already ordered, has informed me that the new allocation plan was revealed to them and other dealers in the hours just before Thanksgiving. Nothing in their information he read to me from Dodge included anything about keeping it confidential, so HE has already called his other Viper customers to tell them..... including the dates involved.

Tony, Rich, Joe, Mitch, Steve ........ ?? Any of you around over the holidays? I really think it should be one of YOU guys who makes it official. I think it's time!
smile.gif

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See the post by Viper Wizard much clearer.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Tom Sessions on 11-23-2001 at 09:08 PM</font>

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As Tom says. The VGX program is for Viper owners that bought their cars new (Prior to 11/15/01) and still own them. Program will not be for "...all current Viper owners...." like the '96 GTS coupon program was.

If you think about it, this makes perfect sense though. The corporation does not benefit much financially (although I buy lots of parts
smile.gif
) from a person like me that got his first (and second) Vipers as "used" vehicles.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I spoke with the dealer I have my slot for the 2003 today and he said that he has already been allocated 15 for 2003. I am currently 3rd and he said that I would have one by this time next year. Is this right or should I call the 877 number???

Thanks,
ROB

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would call without a doubt.If it were me I would be on the phone at 9am on 12/10/01 with all your info.VIN#of your current car will be a must.If you rely on your dealer you may miss out.I would question how he knows his allocation since the certificate you will get from DC can be used at the dealer of your choice.So a dealer who never sold a viper could have a customer come in with a certificate and that dealer can order it for them and get the car with no allocation.

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks Tom Sessions...

In my haste to ask the question from Joe's article, I never noticed Chuck Tator's post. If I had seen it, this thread would not even have been necessary. Sorry for the redundancy!

Mike

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Wieasp,

Allocated '03's? I doubt it. Listen to the concensus, get on the phone at the specified time.

Kingman,

We wanted to leave the exciting news to all our VCA members as they read the latest Viper Magazine! No need to call the number early, as NO requests will be accepted until the exact day published in VM.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, assuming you get a "reservation", is there any plan on the "pecking" order of buyer receipt, since order of reservation doesn't influence "pecking" order?

Man (and woman), is this exciting!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wiseasp:
I spoke with the dealer I have my slot for the 2003 today and he said that he has already been allocated 15 for 2003. I am currently 3rd and he said that I would have one by this time next year. Is this right or should I call the 877 number???

Thanks,
ROB
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Follow the procedure as outlined, no certificate, no car.... period. The 877 number will not be turned on or staffed until the appropriate day.

Again, whether you call first and get the first certificate, or last and get the last one, it has no standing on the sequence of how the VGX order will be filled.

As I interpret it, there are several assumptions in play in the program:

1) That VGX's will be available for others as of Feb. 28th, and 2) There is no allocation for 2003's yet.....

Think about it, If Dodge is saying they are honoring certificate orders orders first, and the possibility exists that a majority if not all of the first years run will go to certificate holders, how could they allocate cars to dealers already? To do that they wiould need to know where the certificate holders plant to buy their cars.... right?

The real question is if current Viper owners (who purchased their car new and still own it) will indeed "use up" the initial year VGX run (and then some).

From Viper Magazine (got mine today
smile.gif
):

"...You then have until Feb. 28th, 2002, to see your Dodge Viper Dealer with the registration certificate, place a valid deposit on a 2003 Viper SRT-10 and confirm your intent to buy the car......"

Read between the lines.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wiseasp: ....I spoke with the dealer I have my slot for the 2003 today and he said that he has already been allocated 15 for 2003.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has his bridge allocation for 2003 also. Wanna buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper