Some things I just found-out about the '03 Viper

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Some things I just found-out about the \'03 Viper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CobraCam:

<LI>There's a cupholder

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did Jim Morrison say, "this is the end?"

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

I think the cupholder is just the large round ashtray that I guess could hold a small bottle?

You must be registered for see images

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Electric mufflers? What the?

NOTE TO JONB: "Stock up on replacement mufflers"

What happened to the "back to basics" theme that made the viper so popular?

magnesium? Oh boy . . .

A cup holder? Now you can tan in your viper and drink your favorite fru fru drink.
smile.gif

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

heres the inside of the car

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CobraCam

Thats cool. I have never been a fan of side exhaust or convertables. Plus I am trying to point out all the things I dont like so I dont want one of these 500HP beauties.

If you know what I mean.
smile.gif

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool. You have a cobra replica or plan on building one? There are a few floating around with some KILLER paint. I mean like 30,000 dollar paint jobs.

What motor? What did you use as a doner?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

I don't think so:

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is no cup holder, unless someone makes one that slips into the ash tray? The thing that steamed me was the dead pedal, but that is just my personal preference.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
I think the cupholder is just the large round ashtray that I guess could hold a small bottle?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would guess that the entire ashtray assembly could be slipped out and used as a cupholder. More cars are coming with ashtrays deleted entirely ("smokers package" as an option) or completely removable.

Oh, and don't fret about the Viper not going back to basics: Is that REALLY a cassette player I see in the dashboard?
laugh.gif
(yes, I know, probably a prototype slapped together with various bin parts - or maybe a CD changer to add weight?)

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cobracam,

I am very familar with the Factory Five Racing Cobra's, and don't know of anyone using a V10 with the Kit. Can this be done? Have you talked to anyone at FFR about this option? I have seen other Cobra's with the V10, but not a FFR Cobra. Please educate me, as this would be one mean car. BTW, FFR Cobra'a weigh approx. 2000 lbs!!!

Thanks.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
There is no cup holder, unless someone makes one that slips into the ash tray? The thing that steamed me was the dead pedal, but that is just my personal preference.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What steamed you? There is one or there isn't one?

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife was looking at the new Carney Viper book and for the first time saw the 03 (which I would love to have) She has suffered through my 2 snake purchases and I'm sure would go for 3, but her first reaction was " that thing just looks like a regular sports car". Kinda my first reaction

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cobracam,

I am aware of there Big Block option, but his seems a lot less complex. These big blocks are carborated motors, and use many of the same parts or interchangable parts with the small blocks. These interchangable parts are based off the Mustang 5.0 progression (stonger clutches, gearboxes, etc...). This enables everything to still fit properly, since the FFR cobra is design to interchange parts with a Fox Body 5.0. I'm not saying the V10 can't work, but I know it would involve a lot of work an expertise - especially if you were the first to do it with a FFR car. If it can be done - go for it, but I would be curious to hear FFR's opinion on this one.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperdrummer:
[Bbut her first reaction was " that thing just looks like a regular sports car". Kinda my first reaction

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DC are you listening?

Gerald

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cobracam,

Awesome.... Good luck on that FFR Cobra. Thanks for the info. as well, as I may also build a FFR one day. Later...

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JM, that could just be a fine example of a logic flaw of "jumping on the bandwagon". Nobody wants to be the odd one, so ----. Might have been different if the first one to say something said something positive. However, I may agree to some degree with 'em in principle, if comparing with the original, but that won't stop me from getting one. Can't wait. Also, can't wait for the coupe.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CobraCam,
I have a Cobra replica that we just put a 514 SVO motor in it that should make over 600hp. It is carburated and beautiful.
It is a Shell Valley kit on a custom tube frame. I've had a 460 in it for the last 3 years and felt it was time to step up. I love it. Now after I get a 2003 Viper, I will have 3 snakes in my pit! Email me if you are interested in some pics.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Prior to my Viper I built a Cobra Replica myself. It was a Shell Valley Kit. It even made it into a few magazines.

In it's first incarnation it was Red (go figure) and was powered by a built 440 (Mopar) with Stage IV heads and a Richmond 5 speed with a Pistol Grip Shifter. It was in Mopar Action (full article and photo spread) and Mopar Muscle (Mopar Nats article).

In it's second life it turned Plum Crazy Purple with White Stripes (same drivetrain). It was in Kit Car Magazine that way.

So I could easily sell it to move on to the next toy I put a 428 with a Toploader 4 speed in it.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not a fan or a dead pedal in my "toy" vehicle, (someone asked what steamed me?).

I think that the body panels being carbon fiber is false? The Comp Coupe is looking into going that route, but the SRT10 is not planning on it.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
I am not a fan or a dead pedal in my "toy" vehicle, (someone asked what steamed me?).

I think that the body panels being carbon fiber is false? The Comp Coupe is looking into going that route, but the SRT10 is not planning on it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never knew what the big deal was about not having a dead pedal either.

I heard that the carbon fiber panels would be underneath to help with aerodynamics.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All your answers should be available about one month from today. I think the press date for the Detroit Show is on Monday the 7th? That will be the final version with all the specs available.

At least anyone ordering one will get the information before the deadline.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4