Image on VCA badges

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my new VCA badges in and they have an image of the Competition Coupe (rather than the SRT-10) on them. DC may not get it, but the VCA does...

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank:

You are correct that the '00 GTS-R concept car and the Comp. Coupe have basically the same bodywork, but the car on the VCA badges is clearly the Comp. Coupe (note the sticker on the top of the windshield).

My point is simply that the VCA folks seem to recognize that the styling of the Comp. Coupe is much more eye catching than the SRT-10. I, like many, look forward to a street coupe version of the '03 Viper, and to more aggressive, distinctive styling on a new coupe than the S2000-ish styling of the SRT-10.

Rich

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
....and the LeMans winning GTSR is alot more exciting than the GTS or RT/10, and if I recall, THAT was used on a badge a few years ago!

Heck! Put ground effects, decals, and wings on any car, and it'll look alot more exciting in pictures!

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, the point is being missed, or maybe ignored in defense of the SRT-10. The GTS-R was used on the badges a few years ago during a time when there were no styling changes to the production Vipers, while in contrast, there is a substantial and much anticipated styling change to the production Viper (which will quickly outnumber the Comp. Coupes by a factor of 50?) this year.

Well, it's just a simple badge and my point was just as simple, if not irrelevant anyway. "Lurking" (Rich H.'s word) the board is so much easier than posting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger