Saw new SRT 10 the other day, Sat in it Started it up...

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week while in Detroit for the auto show I was fortunate enough to visit Chryslers PVO facility. After touring the facility they led us into a room ( more like a secret laboratory ) and low and behold, right there in front of our eyes there were four SRT10s in different stages. One was being prepped for crash testing, the other was just a bare chassis, another was half way done and one was in complete ready to run condition. After drooling over them for a few minutes the Chrysler representative invited us to sit in it, play with the gadgets, put the top up and down, and eventually blurted out "why don't you go ahead and start it up". everyone with the tour got a chance to do this. It sounds like a current GTS. Nothing like a GEN 1 RT10. It has a really slick exhaust design that I really don't know how much I can say about without getting someone into trouble. The engine bay is more cramped than the current Viper.

After checking the new SRT 10 out we turn around and see a rollcage on the lift. Could it be a new Competition Coupe? Yes it was. We went in and checked it out, watched them install the engine and transmission. It is really going to be a nice car. It even has air jacks! They said it was Competition Coupe number 002.

I'll post more later. Now I've got to catch up on some work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth