How many of you that don't like the SRT-10 Like the Competition Coupe?

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of you that don\'t like the SRT-10 Like the Competition Coupe?

I was wondering how many of you that don't like the SRT-10 like the Comp Coupe?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How many of you that don\'t like the SRT-10 Like the Competition Coupe?

I love the Competition Coupe.

I also don't think I have to tell anyone how much I hate the SRT.
pissed.gif

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the SRT needs a fair amount of cosmetic surgery .... but the GTSR and Competion Coupe look great!!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have not seen pictures side-by-side yet but I see little difference between the two. I must be blind as the primary differences that I see are the ground effects, the hard top that slopes to the rear and the rear integrated spoiler region.

Because these differences are fairly close in magnitude and location to the differences between the Gen I RT/10 and the GTS, I am having difficulty understanding how this love/hate relationship exists. If the SRT had the ground effects and stripes would it be liked?

The two aspects that I like the least are the same for both SRT and Comp Coupe. That is how the headlights end with a flat toward the center of the car, rather than a teardrop shape and the front fender transitions (sharply from the upper fender and than radiused to the sill as compared to GenI/II where it swoops up and back to below the mirror).

Regarding the loss of the sport bar due to the true convertible top I would think that an aftermarket company could produce a hard tonneau that would cover the stored roof region and mimic the Gen I/II sport bar. If that was done well it could provide the SRT with the character it seems to be missing now. Just a thought.

Okay, may the flames begin.

Ron

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Speed:
I have not seen pictures side-by-side yet but I see little difference between the two. I must be blind as the primary differences that I see are the ground effects, the hard top that slopes to the rear and the rear integrated spoiler region.

Because these differences are fairly close in magnitude and location to the differences between the Gen I RT/10 and the GTS, I am having difficulty understanding how this love/hate relationship exists. If the SRT had the ground effects and stripes would it be liked?

The two aspects that I like the least are the same for both SRT and Comp Coupe. That is how the headlights end with a flat toward the center of the car, rather than a teardrop shape and the front fender transitions (sharply from the upper fender and than radiused to the sill as compared to GenI/II where it swoops up and back to below the mirror).

Regarding the loss of the sport bar due to the true convertible top I would think that an aftermarket company could produce a hard tonneau that would cover the stored roof region and mimic the Gen I/II sport bar. If that was done well it could provide the SRT with the character it seems to be missing now. Just a thought.

Okay, may the flames begin.

Ron

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't agree with your views but respect your right to express them.

No flames here Dr. Speed.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm all for the coup.... and from the looks of things it looks like
Dodge is working overtime on getting all of the bugs worked out
on this car... It may end up being more refined, better tuned
and more thought out than the S-RT convertable.

At least if it does show up in a couple of years you know they
will have all the bugs worked out by then.

Its going to be a great viper...

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dixter,

And it does make pretty good sense for them to wait until the C6 is introduced to come out with it. I'm feeling better & better about it. Brad on another thread also implied that DC/PVO knew that the Coupe would overshadow the SRT so they're waiting to bring it out. Sounds great, I hope there's some truth to it.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh,CC fan checking in!! And the prob w/ the SRT is the ground effects, or lack thereof. Autoform should get on the ball and produce one that is just like the CC, and IMO, the SRT would be a badass car! It's the way the SRT is styled; the front end is chisled up, from the bottom of the front fascia, instead of staying flat. It slopes up, and it ruins the look. I think as soon as the SRT gets that incongruity mopped up (a la CC body kit), it be awesome.

Regards,

PS: this is from an SRT Whiner

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Add me to the list...I LOVE the Comp Coupe,,,,,,,DON'T love the SRT.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I tend to agree with Ron on this. The Comp Coupe shares a number of the same BAD styling cues that we openly lambaste the convertible for. Do you guys not see these too, or are you blinded by the splitter, wing, wheels, etc. and don't notice the stupid air extractor and the squashed roofline?

What *IS* up with that?????

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JMcGuire,

Very nice touch at the end. How'd you do that anyway?
smile.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks I like the SRT/10, because I really like the back profile. I do not like the looks of the Comp Coupe (I really hate the way it looks in back), but LOVE what it is about and I intend to own one!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, i like the SRT, but I'll weigh in anyway and say I like the CC too. I just wonder how much of the "swoopiness" of the CC could be carried over to the street. I think part of the aggressive look is because it's so low - I just can't imagine it looking as good without the ground effects, and raised up about 2" over where it is now.

Let's hope they make a street coupe, but I don't think they are planning or working on it at all from what I have heard. I hate when folks say "I can't wait for the coupe!". I know what they are trying to do (act like it's a certainty that there will be one so Dodge will get the point), but I think it confuses people into thinking someone knows something about an upcoming coupe, which from what I have heard is not the case.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Like that Siskel and Ebert summary, eh?

They're just regular IMG tags. You know the "Message Icon" area that is shown above your message text when you're posting? I right-clicked the pictures of the little thumbs-up/down logos, looked at the Properties page to get the URLs, and stuck 'em into IMG tags.

And now you have one of the Lesser Secrets of the Geeks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And who said you weren't "computer savvy"?
laugh.gif

Thanks - that was a great little trick
cool.gif
!

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm one of the guys who's stunned by how beautiful the Competition Coupe is and am mediocre about the SRT. I will be getting one of the CC's and have also ordered an SRT, but don't like it anywhere near as much at the RT-10's or GTS's. There's just something about it that's not quite right. It's not outrageous as the current Vipers are. It got mainstream looking. The outrageous look is what got all of us interested in Vipers to begin with.

I can't wait to race and own a competition coupe. THAT is what all Snakes should look like.
Russ

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kungfool:
Trey... I'm not sure what you mean?

Think you could clarify???
laugh.gif

<FONT size="1">Sorry Tony... just couldn't help myself!</FONT s>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like the comp coup better than the SRT but I think the current GTS looks better than the coup. Here is a couple of pics I found and the differences I see.

The coup is lower to the ground, it makes the SRT look like a 4X4

The coups top (roof line) is lower than the SRT

The hood scoop looks wider on the coup (unless it's an optical illusion) it also has a small indentation on the hood just before the scoop

The coup has vent fins in the middle of the hood as well as the sides of the hood like the SRT

The coup has fog light covers

The coup has different headlight covers (turn signal light?? not sure)

The coup has smaller (aerodynamic?) side mirrors

The coups lower lip on the front facia has been moved forward about 2" (not including the splitter extension)

All of this is before the cosmetic items like the front splitter, stripes, rear wing, ground effects, and the roof air vent. So to just say the two cars look the same expect the the ground effects is not true. There are many subtle differences between the two cars that's hard to notice unless they were parked side by side.

You must be registered for see images

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't hate the SRT, but I do like the CC more. The fenders are different, especially around the wheel wells. You cant see it in the pictures posted in this thread but you notice it in pics of the CC from different angles. At first I didnt like the back of the CC because it (taillights) reminded me of the old Acura Legend, but I like the whole thing now (still not sure about the wing, reminds me of rice).

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everything I have ever heard or read, especially the new hardbound book which includes a section where John Fernandez talks about the new car, states that the comp. coupe and the srt are the SAME from the back of the doors forward, including the SAME windshield. Obviously there are foglight covers and different mirrors, and ground effects added to the coupe, I'm talking about the body panels. How in the world can the coupe be lower if it has the same windshield? And as for the lower lip sticking out further, it sure looks to me as if what we are seeing is the ground effects/splitter in the the front sitting over the lower lip. Could Steve or Joe or someone in the know settle this issue once and for all? Are the coupe and the srt the same from the doors forward, with the exception of mirrors, fog light covers, lights, and ground effects?

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wayne

It's 184.1" overall lenght

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks
Jerry. Guess a 18' trailer too small. Think I'll get 20'.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For all you SRT haters (I'm not a hater, but I'm only luke warm about it): What if the only people to get certificates to buy the coupe are the people who bought the SRT? Do you think this could happen?

Oh yeh, I am a coupe fan and hope to own one some day.

Bob K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob K:
For all you SRT haters (I'm not a hater, but I'm only luke warm about it): What if the only people to get certificates to buy the coupe are the people who bought the SRT? Do you think this could happen?

Oh yeh, I am a coupe fan and hope to own one some day.

Bob K

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's never gonna happen. That would be similar to saying that when there was only an RT-10, and the GTS was coming out, what if only the RT-10 owners were allowed to initially purchase the GTS? That didn't happen.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Answer me this...why did they offer certificates the way they did? Well, it was to reward those loyal customers, right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's exactly what I'm hoping for WHEN the GTS show up.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>How in the world can the coupe be lower if it has the same windshield? And as for the lower lip sticking out further, it sure looks to me as if what we are seeing is the ground effects/splitter in the the front sitting over the lower lip.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I understand that original CC in that picture HAS the windshield cut 2" and the lower lip is moved forward. Now the ACTUAL CC may not get the same treatment and might just use the SRT body parts, I don't know. In that case many who like the CC now may not like the actual coup when it arrives. Anyone know?

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Onerare has it exactly right. I love the CC (though I wish the side gill looked less angular - - GTS Dean and I are probably aligned on this point). The new SRT 10 looks too blah, though I like the various performance changes to it.

The CC looks BAD !

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw the CC PVO car at Mid-Ohio. I do like it much better than the SRT-10. Here were my observations of the CC.

1.) Front view - AWESOME. DON'T CHANGE A THING. (10 outta 10)
2.) Side view - AWESOME. DON'T CHANGE A THING. (10 outta 10)
3.) Roof line - AWESOME. I LOVE THE AIR SCOUP. (10 outta 10)
3.) Rear view - Could be better, but not bad (7 outta 10). I like a car that has flowing lines. It could be clean up just a bit. The rear makes the car looked 'pieced' together. Sorta kit-carish. Maybe work on the rear air diffuser, and limiting the body gap between the rear quarter panels and the back of the car (near brake lights). All those sections | | | | | | in the diffuser looks excessive, although I guess the Viper is all about excess. The Ferrari 360 rear air diffuser looks incredible.

I still like the GTS Gen II styling the best, but man it is close. Clean the rear end up a bit, and this car would be perfect.

DSCF0029.JPG

DSCF0032.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss