SRT-10 to be 2004?

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though this article was referring to cars that would normally be leased could this be have anything to do with why the SRT,s are being delayed?

The Chrysler group is jumping the gun on the 2004 model year, particularly with the Chrysler brand. Within the next three months, every car in a Chrysler showroom is expected to be a 2004 model.

Dealer and company sources say Chrysler is advancing the model year for the cars to:

Boost residuals.

Give the same look to all Chrysler cars.

Build adequate inventory of the 2004 Chrysler Concorde and 300M and Dodge Intrepid because their factory will be down for about six months to retool for their rear-drive replacements.

The company declined to comment on the record. Dealers and company sources provided the following picture of the strategy.

Advancing the start of the 2004 model year will help Chrysler's vehicle residuals, which have been taking a beating. After the lease is over, the company figures a 2004 model will be worth more than a 2003 assembled at the same time

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they will come out as 04's. They may switch earlier
in the year, but I wouldn't count on that either?

They have "the entire 03' production" pre sold, who knows how many that involves.

I would bet we will see the usuall yearly change over in Sept. /
Oct. With minimal changes, possibly one color change, not much more?

2Charmed

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered a Cadillac XLR and was told by GM that it is against the law to label a car built in 02 a 04. This is the reason they are not going to produce the XLR until after the lst of the year. If this is true all the Vipers already built will have to be 03's. This will be the lst GM that I have ever purchased and I do feel rather quilty however it appears to be a pretty cool machine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235