low profile jack

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone using or have a suggestion for a low profile jack to change wheels and do oil changes for their Viper?

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a used OEM jack for my 94 and use my air wrench to run it up. It works great for a fraction of the cost.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a simple set of ramps with plywood, in steps. They get the car high enough to use a small hydrualic trolley jack. You could even use some 2x10s. I understand that they factory scissors jacks can get weak and "fold-up" on themselves.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ByronM,

I have the griot's jacks that you mentioned and had the same problem UNTILLLLL I learned how to use the thing. Simply trust the jack and TWIST THE HANDLE ALL THE WAY TO RELEASE. The jack will lower abrublty for the first centimeter and then smooth and easy the rest of the way.

I have two of the Griot's jacks and wouldn't trade them for $$$.

Regards, Tittle

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a Griot's jack man also. The first time I used it at Viper Days on the race car the folks at Griot sold three more. Stable low profile, very maneuverable with a center wheel that it rests on in the full down position. Love this jack.

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a Griot's jack man also. The first time I used it at Viper Days on the race car the folks at Griot sold three more. Stable low profile, very maneuverable with a center wheel that it rests on in the full down position. Love this jack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave