SpeedVision Statement on 03 Viper

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per the SpeedVision release --- "Journalists were advised to take a good look at the convertible prototype, because it would not be seen again for a while. DaimlerChrysler is taking it back in-house to work some more magic." http://www.speedvision.com/pub/articles/automotive/01cnews/010109a.html

Hey, maybe that means there is still time to make some modifications. It also means it probably isn't coming to any other auto show.
You must be registered for see images

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they saw the comments here and said "uh-oh"
You must be registered for see images

Seriously though - I hope they do. A lot of people say "if you don't like it, don't buy it", but Dodge has always been very faithful to us Viper buyers. I hope they don't ignore the less-than-glowing reviews of the styling by thinking "oh, well... we can sell all we make so who cares?".

We'll see...

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's encouraging. If anyone can finesse the new skin into something beautiful while still aerodynamic it's the team that created the GTS. Let's hope there are still a few of them around.

I've been thinking about that '03 car a lot lately (haven't we all?). A powertrain that fine and a chassis that can handle it deserves an equally stunning body. Any idea why the radiator opening is as large as it is? It seems as though this would be aerodynamically undesireable. In combination with the cross hair fascia it undoes all tightening up of the front end's lines (a very good thing IMHO) that have been introduced on the Gen III car, though the GTSR prototype is stunning (stripes do guide the eye and a lowered car tends to look better). And the hood duct, is it functional or merely clutter? The rounded rear end is probably very slippery, a wing would add whatever downforce was needed but at a real CD cost. I expect there will be a different treatment for the GTS version.

Still, I can't wait to drive whatever comes out. If it out-performs what we have now it will be a beast.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's encouraging. If anyone can finesse the new skin into something beautiful while still aerodynamic it's the team that created the GTS. Let's hope there are still a few of them around.

I've been thinking about that '03 car a lot lately (haven't we all?). A powertrain that fine and a chassis that can handle it deserves an equally stunning body. Any idea why the radiator opening is as large as it is? It seems as though this would be aerodynamically undesireable. In combination with the cross hair fascia it undoes all tightening up of the front end's lines (a very good thing IMHO) that have been introduced on the Gen III car, though the GTSR prototype is stunning (stripes do guide the eye and a lowered car tends to look better). And the hood duct, is it functional or merely clutter? The rounded rear end is probably very slippery, a wing would add whatever downforce was needed but at a real CD cost. I expect there will be a different treatment for the GTS version.

Still, I can't wait to drive whatever comes out. If it out-performs what we have now it will be a beast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62