Opinions on this viper to buy.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well so far I'm 0 for 2, tried to buy 2 black rt/10's this month & have run into issues getting lien releases etc worked out with the funky financing the guys had - both were virtually done deals until they came up with weeks to over a month to get the release - there's no way I'm comfortable with that. So, before I start feeling like my affair with the Viper isn't meant to be, here's another car to get opinions on.

It's a red RT/10, 2000, with hardtop, black interior. (Yes I orignially wanted the black with connolly but I saw a red rt/10 in person & it's also beautiful - after all the car would be beautiful in any color.) OK, so it has 600 miles & is $65K, clear title, immediate delivery, checked fully by viper tech for mileage, abuse, warranty transfer, etc - all good.

What-cha-all think?

Dave (frustrated viper wannabe owner).

Reaction score
Daffy,
That sounds like a good price, although I'd be curious to know why someone's selling a car with only 600 miles on it. If this deal falls through, I'd recommend calling Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge -- last I checked, he still had left over '00s and would probably come close to the $65K you're being quoted for a used car...

Cheers,
Ben "Another happy Woodhouse Dodge customer" Treynor
'01 RT/10

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btreynor,
I sold my 00 GTS with only 125 miles on it. Not because it was a bad car, but because I ordered a new 01 in Sappire. I also have a 99 C-5 convertible that only has 1100 miles on it. I enjoy my cars I just don't need to drive the wheels off of them to do it. It is truly a treat when I take one of my cars to an event. As for the 65k sounds like a steal to me, just look at what a new one would cost. (75K plus taxes ? )
Good luck,
Steve

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another $4K for a new car in the color you really want sounds like the best option to me. There's no doubt as to the history of a new car.

(By the way, if you do make this deal happen, I believe you get a free one-year national VCA membership. Be sure and join the Md-Va region. We have an awards banquet coming up on January 20 which would give you an opportunity to meet some other Viper owners. Drop me an e-mail if you're interested.)

OP
OP
D

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input so far!

The car is bone stock. Carfax & dealer check is all good. Reason for sale; the orignal owner bought it & found it too difficult to get in & out of, rough ride, etc, & is moving to more sport lux car.

Since this post I've gotten a lead on a new RT/10 at a dealer, in black like I was originally searching for. Bottomline is it's about $3.8K more (on the road!)than the used car & has no miles - brand new - within 90 minutes of my house. Now I'm seriously considering making this deal happen this afternoon (well, really on Jan 2 after lux tax goes down).

Thanks again everyone!

dave.