Track Event with Tracquest- Buttonwillow Raceway

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

I thought that I would take a moment to share with you a great track experience that I had this past weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway. It was organized by a company called Tracquest, who do a top notch job of organizing track events/ driving schools.
It's run by a guy by the name of Todd Serota, and he invites people with serious performing cars (and not the infamous ricer crowd). At this last event there were many Porsche (new twin turbos, C2/C4 Carrera's and Boxsters), Ferrari's (including a couple of 355's and a 360 Modena), several Corvettes, BMW's, NSX's and 3 Vipers.

The whole day was well planned and we all got well over 2 1/2 hours of track time under our belts. Instructors were abundant, and seemed to have pretty solid racing backgrounds. Lunch and drinks were provided and we all got our money's worth of track time. They had top notch flag and safety personnel on hand and the day ended without any incidences. On top of this, the track was in great condition and the weather was close to perfect.

Tracquest is doing an event at Laguna Seca in a couple of months and I'm sure that it will be a worthwhile event to go to. I also overheard them planning a Watkins Glen event next year (with covered transportation to the event at a very reasonable price for us west coast people).

All this said, I would highly recommend the Tracquest events. You can check out their site at http://www.trackquest.com.

Happy holidays.

Regards,

Brad

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alex:

Watch out for those pesky Porsche's with AWD. They definitely have the advantage through the twisties.

Have fun!

Brad <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldenboy:
Don't forget about Thunderhill either!
I have signed up for the street class on January 27, and I believe Jeff did as well (jcaspar). I have heard many great things about this track as well and just wanted to share it with any other potential drivers.

Still time to sign up, the more Vipers, The better!

Alex

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to Thunderhill on the 27th, and I believe Will Archie is too (warchie). A friend of mine in his Supra Turbo is coming along for the fun. At the last ViperDays at Thunderhill there was a new Porsche 01 Turbo. To be fair, it looked like the driver was inexperienced, but the Vipers ate him up. The V10 was made for those elevation changes!

Sounds like we'll have a few Vipers on the 27th, I can't wait. I'm considering it a warm-up for ViperDays there in March.

- Mark ('99 ACR)

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen a Porsche turbo hang with me... At willow in November there were three 96-97 turbos. No chance!

The guy with the 2001 Turbo at Viper Days was Fred Lee. He is not a great driver but was decent. He was 2 seconds faster in his Viper. I rode with him in both cars.

Its hard to beat displacement!

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken:

I think that you might be mistakened, I think that Fred drove his '01 TT a few seconds faster than the Viper. He also said that the Porsche was an easier car to drive around the track (I am sure that AWD and traction control contribute to this).

I'll let him know about this thread, so he can chime in.

Brad <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Adelberg:
I have never seen a Porsche turbo hang with me... At willow in November there were three 96-97 turbos. No chance!

The guy with the 2001 Turbo at Viper Days was Fred Lee. He is not a great driver but was decent. He was 2 seconds faster in his Viper. I rode with him in both cars.

Its hard to beat displacement!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>