Anyone know wheel lug pattern/size?

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the precise wheel lug pattern/size for their Viper? As best I can tell, it's 6" x 4 1/2". Anyone know whether this is correct, or better yet, if a mass produced after-market rim comes in this pattern? Thanks.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got it right, 6 on 4 1/2 is what it is. It's the same as a Dodge Dakota truck. There's limited availability in aftermarket wheels for a Viper. Pretty much big $$$$$ stuff is what's out there in 17 & 18 inch wide enough for a Viper.
You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the back spacing is. I would like to get a spare set of 15" or 16" for slicks rims with a lot more choice as to width. Has anyone done this?

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh,

I have never heard of limited life of lug nuts. I have hade wheels on & off my Vipers and other cars countless times with no problems holding torque or the like. I'd like to hear a definitive source on this issue, as I simply can't believe it and it isn't April yet.

FWIW,

Keith

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Keith. My engineering background says that as long as you don't exceed the elastic limit, (Hook's Law) of the lug bolt, it can be used over and over again. I have had them gall and twist off from repeated track use when very hot, but I now use anti-seize and no longer have this problem.

OP
OP
K

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I just can't see dropping $1800 on a set of slicks and wheels. I think it might be cheaper to get a 15' or 16' dakota wheel and have it welded and backspaced to fit a 10' slick. I had a guy backspace and increase the size of a set of rallye wheel drag rims for about $400.

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While we are on the subject keep in mind that after you have torqued your lugs a half dozen times they are pretty well used up. The threads in the lug is designed to stretch every time it is torqued so your lug nuts have a limited "life" .. Also FYI the lugs are 1/2" 20 thread.
Just my .02 again

Charlie

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456