Is there a difference between a 93 and 94 RT/10

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the one you like most. In the end will you probably ad hardtop and new wheels, so if you like the wheels and the hard top on the 93, would that probably be the best deal.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beleive 93 didn't have A/C (option) and in 1994 it was standard. Also I think 1994 added the color black.
Some other small differences also, like passenger grab handle in later 1994's, etc

gerald

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald knows all about the "grab handle". I have a 93 with 6100 miles and no A/C as Gerald said. It has that nasty velvet like dash covering that looks like crap. I just removed the dash to get rid of that mess. It took me 3 days with acetone and a wire brush. Now it's getting painted and I'm putting a carbon fiber dash like Gerald had. I am not too fond of the exterior antennae on the 93, but otherwize i love it. I'm getting the A/C put in now too. Just make sure it is looking good and that there is no oil residue on the bottom of the frame and of the differential. Good luck.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I guess I disagree !

There are over 200 changes (improvements)between 1992 and 1994.
Factory Air was first available in 1994, optional, but ordered on +/- 80% of the 1994 production.

By mid-93, the antenna was gone. Tranny improvements, too.

I would select the 1994. Especially if an antennae car 93. As Antonio has discovered, the early 93s are unique animals.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As JonB states, it's all true. With every conversation with JonB, we find something particular with the car. They are a treasure chest of info, and I think I've become a "pioneer" of sorts. The side antennae is just a pain if you put a car cover like I do, that's it. Otherwize it is a great car.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black was a mid-to-late year option on the '93. As a matter of fact, it was the ONLY option available on a '93. If you wanted A/C, you had to order it over the parts counter and get the dealer to install it, as I did on my black (no antenna) late '93.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early '93's are for all practical purposes..... '92's. The only noticable difference? One digit in the VIN (and location the engines were built). If I where a betting man, at some point in the future these are going to be called "92 carryover cars" so sellers can claim they are tied to the first year of the Viper and get more for them!

About April 5th '93, the battery moved, antenna disappeared/moved to windshield, and tranny received a reverse lockout. I personally like the antenna as it is more "sports carish" to me. I'm going to have one on my car, but the car cover comment is a valid one....

I'd go for the '94, biggest improvement is the cooling system. '94 was a VERY high build year. In the RT's, I like '95's the best... most bugs worked out, and the final evolution and most refined of the side pipe cars.... specially a pin stamped "last 300 side exhaust" car.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thought -

'94 was the highest production volume year of all - something like 2600 units. It has been my observation that there seem to be more problems reported with fit-and-finish on the '94s than other years. As a percentage of production, they could be right in line with other years, but there are just twice as many opportunities for problems.