Phun with Photos (photos, of course)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try to carry my digital camera with me every once in a while (going to get that Polaroid today for all of those impromptu "guest" shots). I enjoy photography and the Viper is certainly worthy of a little film time. Here are a couple photos you might find amusing. The first is a variation of a regular photo which appears on the "license plate" thread. I like the way the background looks like city lights, even though it is really just a small school in the country. The other thing that looks especially cool in this picture is the tail lights - the reflectors actually appear to show depth.

You must be registered for see images

This second shot is one I took out of a bedroom window. I did a similar one last year, but this one is at more of an angle. The lines of my driveway are pretty complimentary to the car. The fact that the horizontal lines happen to mesh perfectly with the door lines is a fluke, but a nice one...

If anybody enjoys stuff like this, LMK. I have caught some pretty fun shots of Vipers all over the place and have a zillion different shots of my own humble beast. What a great subject!

Chris

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the pics... My daughter thinks the one in the drive looks like the Snake is climbing a wall!! Post some more!!

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO.....Sold2Vettes4aViper

Y2KGTS.....I think you should make the first picture into some type of lithography for your home. It truly looks facinating....congrats

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments! Here are a few more that are kinda fun. The first is a "sketch" of my GTS:

Then there are some "normal" pictures that I enjoy. Not to worry, I have several more "artsy fartsy" pictures, but they are on another computer. Here are some "regular" pictures:

This first is of the "birth" of my car. This is actually me driving it out of the factory doors at the Conner Avenue Assemply Plant (CAAP). My then nine year old son was the copilot for this historic event.

Want to see the "room" from where the car was being driven? Here is the famous "staging room" where the finished Vipers and Prowlers await pick up for delivery to the dealerships by enclosed transport - or pick up by the new owners like me that took factory delivery.

Well, now that we have the car, what's next? Well, we could always take it to the Viper Owners Invitational! Better be up nice and early to get a good spot at the group photo at the track.

What's this? Another line? Ah, but well worth it, as you are about to take your beloved Snake out on the race course with Skip Barber instructors.

No line here, we are ready to go!

I will load up some of the other pics later and you can see what you think. Heck, I'll start another thread with some new ones in case some don't revisit this thread. Enoy, and thanks for the kind words!

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold2Vettes - It's funny, because that was the FIRST thing I noticed when I did this "conversion". I erased that ***** thingy and then thought better of it. After all, what better car represents unbridled testosterone?

ViperDoctor - While I could do a passable job throwing some white stripes on a yellow GTS, why do it the hard way? Here is the genuine article for you:

This beauty belongs to Kansas City's own Marcus Dahn. He had the paint done in a light pearl (I seem to recall it was a Cadillac color), added a wing, custom seat stitching, and custom yellow snake emblems on the center wheel caps. She is a beauty and we ALL envy him - just don't tell him, as he is hard enough to live with as it is...

Chris

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Y2KGTS!

That's exactly what I was hoping to see.

The white looks pretty darn good! Do the people in your club seem to prefer the white versus black stripes on the yellow?

ViperDoctor

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we have never done a poll so it is hard to say. The black stripes look pretty cool as they offer a definite contrast (and that unique "bumblebee" look). On the other hand, the white is more subtle and offers a more "refined" look. I could go either way on the stripes. Heck, they are both on an AWESOME car, so what more could you want?

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan -

I GUARANTEE you that I will see you somewhere around this summer, be it Heartland Park or otherwise. Speaking of which, the Porsche Club is doing their deal at this end of this month. Anybody from Blair heading this way? Dinner is on me! (well, I will pay for it anyway)

Great to hear from you and I hope all is well!

Chris

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
hey Pal, Nice to see you back in action. The pics are great. Keep the artsy types with your snake (so I can pretend to my friends I took the shots of my similar black/silver snake) Hope everything is going well and give me an E
Bob Carroll
[email protected]

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that most people use Photoshop for these types of things. You can get "cheapo" versions of Photoshop and maybe even a shareware version. I think the latest full version is 6.0 and can run $600+. I did a quick search and also came up with an "LE" version for under $100. This is the same program which Joseph Houss uses so masterfully to change colors on the 2003. I use Photoshop 5.0. You are welcome to send a picture of your car to me and I can use my rudimentary skills to make it a bit more artsy fartsy. That goes for anybody!

Chris

PS. I have some nifty "unedited" photos that take advantage of neat reflections and other stuff. I will post those when I am on my other PC...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2charmed:
Do you have any good ones of a Sapphire Blue with Stripes?
Keep up the good work!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I have not had the good fortune of seeing one in person, so no photos - yet. However, I did get a nice shot of one of the factory cars without stripes at VOI 6:

I was really happy with this shot given the background and everything. It was actually a gravel lot (not thrilled with that part), but it turned out just fine. Hope you like it!

Chris

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
There are of course any number of things that can be done with/to photos with the various photo softwares.
This is the mine (Viper in signature, see left) using a photo negative: Thought the shadow in the window was kinda neat.

This is the picture to the left using Fish Eye distortion:

Have fun!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32