Double Venom finally gets her nose job!

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you have missed my occasional ramblings, but we have been rather busy on this years model of the DV's. Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise, we hope to see many of you at the tracks this year!

You must be registered for see images

Dv

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Double Venom on March 31, 2001 at 08:23</font>

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,
We build the DV using a stock GTS engine and tranny with a few available options.

The gentlemen that wanted this built, wanted so many changes and mods we had to give it a new series. Thus the DV II was born.
Tilt nose, full independant - quad shock rear end. In board rear brakes, custom made by Wildwood and cooled by, below floor ducting. Quick change gears, (change gears through a trunk access panel, in less than a minute) Rear end has been designed for a full 1000 rear wheel HP. Full on board roll bar system, with removable "down bar". Quick change sway bars for front and rear, Recaro racing seats, special guages with warning lights by Gaffrig, on board fire system, fresh air blower - allows the driver to have fresh air blown into the foot well for those really hot and long races.

The typical Cobra hood scoop has been reversed to help aerodynamics and to releave windshield pressure at the 170 mark. A naca duct has been installed on the nose to feed the oversized throttle bodies.

The motor is all Roy's at TNT. Roy did his magic on the top half and the oil pan. (Boy, did I learn that lesson the hard way when my DV was being tested at TRC and pulled a 1+g!)

Header system has been highly modifid for this car. On the DV's you can see the typical Cobra pipes coming out the side, all 5 of them. On the DV II the individual pipes stop much shorter and enter a 4" tube coming out of the body into the sidepipes. (The sound is remarkable--ask Jim Peffers about that!)

Wayne, guess that's the basics. I could go on as usual for pages, but I don't want to bore you to death! It will be in the Silver State Races next year. We waited to long to register it for this year.

If you want more pictures or information, my arm is twistable!

Dv

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hi ed.
i love DVII!!!

my friend from holland mi. has told me about the gathering you are putting together in ohio this june. it sounds like an awesome time. will DVII be there? i would love to see this snake.

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

The little gathering you speak of was to be no more than a small gathering of Cobra lovers. Coming to our humble shop for a few hours on Sunday, June 24th to meet and enjoy some chocolate chip cookies and other goodies.

Now it has turned into a full 3 day event, with what appears to be the largest Cobra gathering ever assembled. So far over 39 States and 3 country's will be represented.

A very brief description of the itinerary: Friday everyone starts to arrive - we have two hotels reserved at this point and have arranged for police protection (for the cars of course) Friday and Saturday night. Saturday morning we meet here, then cruise to a large BBQ until early afternoon. Then all 150 plus Cobras will cruise to KilKare Drag Strip in Exenia, Oh. where we will take over the strip for the evening. (They are making special arrangements for us and should be an exciting evening.)

Sunday is the big day! We have rented a lodge at a private lake next to the shop where we will have 3 boats available for cruising the lake and water skiing. An all day catered BBQ will be going on, as well as another chocolate chip cookie contest. (Believe it or not, this whole thing started over these cookies!)

Since this has gotten so huge in our little circle, we decided to make it for a "cause." We are now raising funds for a little two year old girl named, Jenny. Jenny lives in Massachusetts and has Cystic Fibrosis. We are raffling off all kinds of neat car stuff, including patio furniture donated by "Brown-Jordan", all kinds of Cobra stuff and accessory's, and the big one, a full Classic Roadsters Cobra kit, valued at $15,000.00. We're even putting together a small block motor for the car which will be thrown in.

The really, really neat part about this is that Jenny's parents are bringing her here to draw the winning ticket for the Cobra!

I know most of you remember, "Big Daddy", Ed Roth! The father of the muscle car caricature artist - "Rat-Fink!" Well, "Big Daddy" has donated an original drawing of a Cobra and that too will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

After all this, and my pilot buddy finishes his aerial photographs of the event we will all line up for the last and major cruise. Jenny will announce, "Gentlemen-start your engines!" Just imagine 150 plus, hi-powered Cobras firing at one time!

Now, under full police ******, we will leave the lodge and cruise about 40 miles, going right through the heart of down town Columbus. After that it is time to say good-bye, and drive off into the sunset.

The Viper community has always been very receptive to our cars. They do come from the same genes, just decades apart.

If any Viper people would like to attend, we would be deeply honored. This is strictly a family event, bring the wife, the girlfriend (!!!???) and even the kids! I absolutley promise you wont get bored and you will have a great time.

I can be reached here or at: Classics by Elite, inc. 740-852-5280. We're located in London, Oh., just west of Columbus. If you would like to spend the weekend with us, please let me know as soon as possible. Our first hotel filled up within days, our second hotel has something like 30 rooms left.

The event is being called the, "Double Venom Spring Fling."

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what this is all about. May I present to you.......Miss Jenny!

Dv
ps. in answer to your original question - yes, there will be a DV and the DV II present!

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Double Venom on April 01, 2001 at 09:32</font>

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed
Quite a guy!!!!!!! The great thing about this event is that you turned it into something REALLY meaningfull...HELPING
THAT PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A heart of gold
the world could use more of your type!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ed,
Call me at the shop regarding your PCM pins. I've tried to e-mail you, but AOL returns it.
904-733-5469

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
God bless - A-O-Hell! I'll call you Monday.

Ieatvettes - The color is Dupont's Chromalusion "Blasberry"

Want more info on it, just holler.
Dv

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DV will you have one or both cars at the Viper Days event at Mid-Ohio this month? How far away are you from the track?

Thanks,

Jim

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR,
Ahh, hadn't heard about this event. We're just 1 1/2 hrs away from Mid-Ohio. The DV's hate to go to a race track and just sit on the bench!

We're pushing hard to get the DV II done...my DV is sitting with her heart on the table, stable condition but still in surgery. (lost a couple of rod bearings during G testing)
Dv

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950