Help-water spots

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to take pictures for the insurance co. yesterday and on the way back i got caught in a shower. Today-waterspots.
Can they be removed? How?

THanks for your help

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I wash my car, I can usually count on water spots (we have really hard water here). I put some vinegar in a spray bottle and use a cotton towel to wipe it off. Works like a charm. I'm assuming you already washed the car...

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they're not too bad, I usually use a little 3M Finesse-It on a soft cloth and buff (polish) the spots away. Then wax/Zaino it again.

Good Luck!

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Straight vinegar? Mixed with H2O? What kind of vinegar? Any potential damage to paint?

I have some as well, and clay bar didn't seem to work so well.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gadgetmann:
Chuck,

Straight vinegar? Mixed with H2O? What kind of vinegar? Any potential damage to paint?

I have some as well, and clay bar didn't seem to work so well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use plain white vinegar, straight out of the bottle. I had the same concerns about paint damage, etc., but Mr. Sal Zaino set me straight. No problems. I guess it depends on the spots, but I would imagine that using the clay bar is a bit extreme. If you use that you'll have to start from the beginning with your Zaino process (or whatever polish you use). I noticed spots after I washed the car and hit it with 3 coats of Z-5. After freaking out a bit I tried the vinegar and it worked like magic. According to Sal, it doesn't remove the polish either. Less work is a good thing...

Good luck.

OP
OP
V

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got rid of the water spots.
I tried a few polishes and glazes-no results
I tried the white vinegar-some result, but still there.
I did not have a clay bar, so I took it to a friend that has a detail/body shop and let him do it. Some he was actually able to get off with polish (forgot the name) followed by 3m Imperial hand glaze. Others he had to hit with the wheel.
All in all a happy ending and it gave me the excuse to go out and get familiar with the snake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4