Are we the Mumford and Abelberg of the straight line???

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron:

I never left (just got bored and have been sitting in the wings). How are you doing? Did you find a blower that you like yet?

You should check out Grant's Performance in Torrance. I understand that Wes Coppen is putting out some pretty beefy twin turbo engines.

Give me a call if you get into LA and we'll have lunch with Mike. I have joined the ranks of the dot.com fallouts.

Brad

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal,
I think in this Mumfoberg anology, you are more the Mumford, what with your disappointing dyno run....
You must be registered for see images

And I never talk smack, I only defend my honor whenever you assail it!

What do you think, guys, if you got invited to represent the LS6 in article featuring a shootout of L98, LT1, LT4, LT5, LS1, and LS6 Vettes at the drag strip, would you do that, or would you crush SoCal and put an end to his incessant smack talking???

I'm looking for serious advice here, guys! What should I do on the 24th???

P.S., I invited SoCal down to Carlsbad this weekend, but he claims he's in for various repairs....Now I hear Brad saying that SoCal is thinking of forced induction....Hmmmm, sounds mighty suspicious! Is SoCal trying to close his horsepower gap????

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Venom Lover and I are drag race lovers, we love that straight 1/4 mile and talking SMACK. He has a 97' GTS and I a 00" RT with similar mods although he has 20 more hp & torque. We raced once at Palmdale Ca. and when we met at Dennys to go there he was driving a Z06 not his snake, I kicked his a$$ but there was little satisfaction, I had 2 more cylinders. So now we are racing again on the 24th at Famoso and guess what he is bringing the Z06 AGAIN. I am wondering if he is AFRAID of me???? I told him I would turn off the spray if he leaves the slicks home. Well amybe one day we'll face each other on equal terms, right Venom SMACK, SMACK, SMACK.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Dude, you have NO CHOICE but to bring the Viper on the 24th. Think about it - why did you invest in the half-shafts, slicks, skinnies, (line-lock???????), etc. if you aren't going to use it thrash pretenders to the throne like Ron?????
I would even consider hauling the Chevelle up to Famoso to get a front row seat. Although, I'm not too sure you want to go up against Ron with his new set-up - he was nice enough to pop his hood at the last Viper meet, and his Viper is looking pretty nice....

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, SoCal, I notice you're not listing your "secret weapon" amongst your mods....

Beach Bum says the Vette comparo is on for sure on the 24th, so I can't back out now. Sorry!

Carlsbad this weekend??? You have your car back???

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, and I meant to mention one little problem with your analogy, Ron: Mumford and Adelberg are actually talented!!!

Reaction score
"Give me a call if you get into LA and we'll have lunch with Mike. I have joined the ranks of the dot.com fallouts."

You call that smack? You're the Adelbergs of smack! I can, however, appreciate your attempts so I will help you out. Here are a few small pointers...work on them and I'll help you out with more advanced smack later:

--Never post anything without an insult to your chosen opponent
--Whenever possible, mix in some inappropriate name calling
--If you ever plan on doing something nice (like lunch), do it offline...never let them sense any weakness
--Remember always, he is your sworn enemy!

If you need practice, start with picking on Adelberg. He's a good candidate--A) he's used to it B) he deserves it and C) he doesn't fight back very well.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, does anybody listen to Adelberg? I'll make it easy, no! He talks to himself, he listens to nobody (of reason) and I wouldn't put it past him to write a letter to himself from the man that he is "obsessed" with, and if you know Paul...well, who would spend their time obsessing about him? It's a sickness and Ken needs help.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK that's it! Now even Dan Cragen is bagging on me. Well, not actually, its the truth I can't get Mumford, my sweetheart, out of my mind. Everytime I look at the Viper I imagine Mumford, in my rear view mirror and disappearing fast! The box of candy is to throw at him when he can't get around me.

So. Cal. Rebel, you have to learn to spell my name correctly! I am not one to bag on someones spelling, my is the worst by far.

So that **** , Mumford is up to his old antics and bringing machanics to the events. Perhaps he has to beat me like this. Be a man, beat me only after you work on your own car!

War pinoches with their machanic and RV lifestlye

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that was the most incoherant post by Lil' Whoadie yet!

"I am not one to bag on someones spelling, my is the worst by far."

That HAS TO BE A JOKE! You very funny Lil' Whoadie! You got me laughing pretty good with your little tongue-in-cheek post. Here I thought the only tongue-in-cheek Lil' Whoadie knew about was his tongue in Mumdodge's ... errrrrr, uh, nevermind.

WAR SMACK!

BTW - memo to Lil' Whoadie - learn how to spell your own mechanic's name.

Ot.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry Mr. ADELBERG I hit the wrong key no disrespect intended. That aside I am taking some road racing classes so you guys better watch out, there's a new Viper on the block, she's black, she's mean and she backs down from nothing, just like her owner.

Reaction score
There will be a class this weekend at Buttonwillow with Viper Days. If you've never been this would be a perfect introduction--very safe track, great instructors and entertaining Saturday night antics.

See ya there.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot--Adelberg *****!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite Paul, I am commited to go to Famoso in Bakersfield this weekend to kick some Z06 a$$ in the straight line, but I will attend the next event. We rented out Willow Springs on 4/6 for the day with private instuctors so that should be a good start.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
Which one are you Mike? I wanna be the one that wins all the time!!!! See ya Saturday (or rather you'll see me, I won't be looking back).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winning all the time isn't my primary objective in life. Kicking your sorry smack-talking a$$ would sure be fun, though!

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Adelberg:
OK that's it! Now even Dan Cragen is bagging on me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BWAHAHA! That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, at least your smack is getting better. Mr. Rebell you talk a good game and your car may be fast, but it will take more then attitude to hold your own. I'll put on street tires for you.

Good job Mumford, going for some instruction. Skip said he put you in the first timer group, but you have to attend the driver's meeting or you loose a full days track time. No sleeping in or some dumb excuse since you are bringing your pit crew of brown nosers. Oh yeah, Mumford is an RV sh-t kicking, trash talking pinoch that only drives if his groupies come to watch. Get a life. Hold your hand to your forehead in a fist with your thumb and index finger out, then look in the mirror. You should see a big L showing your true identity!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess this thread worked, Venom Lover has decided to leave his sorry excuse of a Z06 home and bring is snake instead. Now I get to spank him on equal terms, motor to motor on street tires, Venom you're so lucky you got 20-30 hp on me you'll need it.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken, will you put my tires on for me too? Please torque the wheels to 95 lbs. and check all the fluids for me also...be careful with that Longacre jack, it's heavy and plese get this done before my first run. Oh...wait a minute....you meant YOU could run with street tires on YOUR car and because of YOUR superior driving skills YOU could beat SoCal Rebel....oh. Never mind.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Adelberg:

...have to attend the driver's meeting or you loose a full days track time.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he serious here, or is that his best attempt at a "Ricky Ricardo" impersonation?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth