Viper Greetings - New owner

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am honored to be a member of the VCA.
You must be registered for see images
I took ownership of my 2001 Yellow GTS a couple of weeks ago. Now that I have spent every extra minute available to break the engine in properly, I have been able to open this machine up a bit and am truely awe struck at the raw power. Truely putting my previous 95' Stealth Turbo to shame. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Greetings from Dallas!

Ted

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be VEEEEEEERY careful of the torque. I have almost lost it on more than one occasion coming out of a corner, and I was hardly even getting on it. Whatever you do, don't sneeze when your foot is on the gas pedal. That little blip of the throttle will send you into the ditch.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted,

Welcome to the family!!! The North Texas VCA just had our monthly meeting this past Saturday. Were you there? We had about 30 Vipers show, it was great. We are having several events over the next couple of weeks, including a tech session that you really should make!!! Let me know if you need the details.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted,
Congratulations from one new owner to another.
I'm hoping to have the car home by this weekend if i can locate an enclosed trailer. I am totally new to Vipers. My other toy is a modified ZR1. Now i can do some personal comparisons.
You were talking about break in. Is this detailed in the Owner's Manual or is it from the owners' experiences?
Thanks

PS-I am also honored to be a member of the VCA and look forward to participating in this forum.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil, it's in the manual for 2000, and I'm sure for 2001 also. It's a little different than what's recommended by those on the site, but close. Dealer, the great Bill P., said: not over 2500rpm for first 200 miles, don't increase more than 500 rpms for each additional 200 miles, and don't exceed 4000 until reach 1000 miles. Then, hit it ---

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456