Long Island, NY Viper Owners

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride. I live in Lake Grove and I wouldn't trust any of these clown dealers on LI. I would only take my Viper to Chuck Tator (Tator's Dodge) in Westchester. I know its a bit of a ride, but Chuck really knows his stuff.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I third the motion.
Chuck "Viper Wizard" (on the board) Tator is not just AOK,
you have to visit his time machine to understand.
Good luck and remember driving a Viper at first is like dating
take it easy and go slow.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi and congratulations on your car!
I live nearby in East Setauket and I have a '99 RT/10 also.
I have had the following success:
Routine maintenance, oil, fluids, etc. at Security Dodge in Amityville. Lou is a good certified Viper tech and nice to deal with. I wouldn't go to Smithtown Dodge either. I have not needed any warranty work but for anything major I would also go to Chuck Tators in Westchester. You're looking at a two hour drive easily but from what I have heard, worth the trip.
I have done very minor modifications to my car (GreenStuff brake pads, autoform rear deck spoiler) and have had the work done at, believe it or not, Unique Corvettes in Setauket. Nick is the owner and these guys are used to working on pampered exotic cars (even though Vipers are the sworn mortal enemy)
Good luck and let's hook up some time.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
When we spoke last you were thinking about the NOS/Propane kit. Glad to see you are installing it. Let me know how it goes, I'm still in the decision making process. My car is pretty highly modified and I'm sure could benifit greatly from it. When you are in the area stopping by Davids, pop in.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your Viper, lots of luck!! Chuck at Tators Dodge is excellent, but if you are looking for service work to be done, and want to stay local, Old Country Dodge in Hicksvilleis the place to go. The Viper techs name there is Don, he is top notch. They have done some service on my 98 Rt/10 as well as my 2000Gts. They are very professional, and respect and understand how an owner of a Viper feels about their car. Have a wonderful day.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
Across the street from David 1/2 block west. The car is always on the sidewalk in front of my office, if it's not raining of course.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Long Island Viper owners!!!
I wouldn't mind having a Viper Bar-B-Que/Pool Party at my house,on a Saturday middle to end of August. Everyone bring a dish, bring a bathing suit and towel, bring your car!
Any interest?

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY, do those invitations extend to people in westchester, NY also? I just sent in my application to the VCA ( took me 2 years to finally Join!) and want to start using my car more. I never drive it anymore, plus right now its at the body shop trying to stop those bubbles from forming on the tip of my hood (on an old thread). It's become such a waste of money to have this car and never really use it like I want. If it's not sitting in the garage it's at the shop getting something fixed or modified. I at least want to get together with some other owners and do something, anything to put this thing on the road!
let me know.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by unclgreggy:
HEY, do those invitations extend to people in westchester, NY also? I just sent in my application to the VCA ( took me 2 years to finally Join!) and want to start using my car more. I never drive it anymore, plus right now its at the body shop trying to stop those bubbles from forming on the tip of my hood (on an old thread). It's become such a waste of money to have this car and never really use it like I want. If it's not sitting in the garage it's at the shop getting something fixed or modified. I at least want to get together with some other owners and do something, anything to put this thing on the road!
let me know.

Absolutely!
Still working on a date. If we can put this together I will be in touch.

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
List that event on our regional website calendar, I know we need things for August. I'm in the area also.

Also, I understand there is a Viper-picnic being hosted by a Connecticut member at their home on July 21st, not sure if it is listed yet... I'm sure its RSVP, so check the upcoming events periodically.

Hook up with the NY/CT website, Morgan Reese did a nice job putting together a useful resource for the membership.

Ron

OP
OP
Relentless

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony:
I'd be in for the BBQ as long as it is in the middle to end of August, as I will be away on business for the first part of the month. I also think we should organize a meeting of Vipers somewhere locally, maybe Port Jefferson? anybody interested?

Reaction score
Hey guys, how about setting something up either in bayville on a Sunday or Port Jefferson.. Pick a day like middle of july or towards end and will get it going...

Tony

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by BLKVENOM:
Hey guys, how about setting something up either in bayville on a Sunday or Port Jefferson.. Pick a day like middle of july or towards end and will get it going...

Tony

July 22 will be great for me in Port Jeff.
If we get enough interest, we can talk further about a get together/BBQ/Pool Party at my house. I'm looking at August 25 as a possible date.
Tony
Viper99

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Long Islanders!
Are women owners welcome too????? I have a couple of suggestions for just a "meet". Isn't there usually a big car gathering out by the Veterans Monument every Tuesday night? How about Bellmore train station, friday nights (that has become quite large), or Deer Park Avenue any weekend night or actually any night during the summer! We should all definitely get together!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by 'VIPERESS':
Hi Fellow Long Islanders!
Are women owners welcome too????? I have a couple of suggestions for just a "meet". Isn't there usually a big car gathering out by the Veterans Monument every Tuesday night? How about Bellmore train station, friday nights (that has become quite large), or Deer Park Avenue any weekend night or actually any night during the summer! We should all definitely get together!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Women Viper owners are always welcome....Especially the "Viperess"
Any of those suggestions are great. I used to take my '79 Trans Am to Bellmore train station on Fridays when I lived in Massapequa Park. I hear it has spilled over into two parking lots now. I'm up for a meeting....Let's try and get one together!

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone in NY,NJ or CT want to get together on any of these suggestions please e-mail me ( at [email protected]) and let me know. I'm up for anything. haven't got any info on my application to the VCA - only sent it in last week. I'm not sure how these meetings and things work so let me know.
thanks

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Silver Touch"
Congrats on your new LOVE!
As you can see they're a lot of things to do! Including my event "Tator's Dodge Viper BBQ" - Each spring! Check out the other threads on the BBQ! [Bird's eye view of Tator's!!![photo]] & ["More Tator's pictures"]!
Now that you are apart of the "NY/CT Club" you will realy enjoy your Viper!! Also [Check out the NY/CT region site for more info!]
"If you have any questions or concerns about your new LOVE don't hesitate to call me or E-mail me!"

Welcome!!

Thank You everybody!!!!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper99:
Any of those suggestions are great. I used to take my '79 Trans Am to Bellmore train station on Fridays when I lived in Massapequa Park. I hear it has spilled over into two parking lots now. I'm up for a meeting....Let's try and get one together!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony,
It is quite a display of cars now at Bellmore, tons of cars, They start pulling in there about 5pm and leave around 2am. Any word on a meet place?

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's try for one in Bellmore and one in Port Jefferson.
I thought we'd do a happy hour at my house from 6 to 8 followed by dinner in Port Jeff. I can arrange for a large table at a family style Italian restaurant that has a large parking lot visible from the restaurant windows (No valets).
The dates I'm looking at are August 18 or 25.
How does this sound to everybody?
Viperess, do you want to arrange the Bellmore meet?

jim93rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
July 11, Lake Grove. LICA Mopars At The Mall Cruise Night, Every Wednesday, Smithaven Mall, South West Corner Across From Firestone, 7-11PM, 50-100 Cars Expected, Contact: Long Island Chrysler Assn, Chrysler, Dodge And Plymouth Only, (631) 785-1500. I found this @ special interest vehicles.com. I have never been there but it sounds like what we are looking for.

POIZENUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all you Long Island Viper owners who are looking for something to do:

Saturday 7/28 at 9:30am, NY/CT Viper club and NY BMW club will join to host an autocross at the Nassau Coliseum parking lot #8. All Vipers will run together and will get 4 runs in the morning and 4 more after lunch. This event is free to VCA members and $20 for nonmembers. Also if you want to bring a guest who doesn't
have a Viper they can run with their own car. Please keep it limited to only 1 non-Viper guest or we will be standing around a lot. There is no better way to learn car control while having friendly competition for times and trophys. Call Joe Oneto work-212-576-5573 to RSVP. Also,look under "EVENTS" at NY/CT VCA

PS Bring a helmet

Joe Oneto
Vice President NY/CT Region VCA

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Jefferson it is then.
Sunday July 15 at 2:00pm.
We'll meet in the municipal parking lot adjacent to the Town Boat Ramp (near the ferry).
From there we can decide how to spend the rest of the day.
Let's get the cars out....Hope to see you there.