02 GTS ordered

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered an 02 GTS from Fitzgeralds' with
a courtesy delivery to my local dealer.Thought I'd try
not rack up the miles from day one. Went for the Graphite with Connally no stripes. (may have red ones put on?)
Now I may be looking to sell the above Bad Viper with 72,000
miles? About $40,000 spent on this beast email for list.
SELL it for $39,000!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne, Wayne, Wayne!!!!!! No, No, No!!!!!! You can't sell that bad ride of yours. You NEED another Viper so you and that beautiful and wonderful woman of yours can EACH be driving one to all the events!!!! Keep it!
BURNOUT.gif

OP
OP
B

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice thought King but.....A year ago I offered to buy her one
she said she wanted a new 911 . I said if you want a 911
you pay for it. She flipped me off and wrote a check from
her business account and paid for one! EVer since she opened that Ballet school she has become super-independent!I'm still not
used to women's lib but this aspect I absolutely LOVE!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
B

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 03 on order. I might sell the 02 GTS in 12 months.
I've had 57 cars in the last 35 years. I've only
ever kept one other more than a year..a Lola T-70
open car.I get bored easily...But my wife of 34 years says
buy your cars,sell your cars,trade your cars..... whatever....
"I would rather have you that way then trading your women!!"

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne! Wayne!

Whats this "Thought I'd try [to] not rack up the miles from day one" stuff? With 72K miles on your old Viper, you've always been one of my heroes: a guy who actually drives his Viper. Does this mean your 2002 will be a garage queen? Say it ain't so!

You are truly one of the charter members of the "50,000 Viper Miles Driven" club. (I'm 200 miles away, myself.) From what I've seen, it's a pretty exclusive club.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wayne, we have your high mileage beat in Central FL. Allan Henning a member of our regional VCA chapter has nearly 100,000 mile on his 1994 Yellow RT10. Now thats using your snake! Good luck on the 02'. I bought a 2001 Yellow/Black GTS from Fitzgerald and use it nearly everyday. It gets dirty but it's cleans up real well. Just finished washing it this morning. Yes. . .I do clean my car myself!

OP
OP
B

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, he has a couple of years on me but congrats anyhow!!!
Contrary to garage queen mentality...If well maintained
these Vipers will last as long,if not longer than any standard
production vehicle.I clean my vehicle also because I love
the car and it is BLACK! For all other maintenance..
I do the hard part I write the check! I do this also
because I love the car and IT IS IN THE CAR'S BEST INTEREST
that I DO NOT TRY WRENCH TURNING!

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea.....

Well I put 7k on my new 00 GTS in 7 weeks!

I do concede though, I've had mine for 8 months and there still isn't 9k on it!

RickV2K, you are quite impressive.

I must say there was this fellow who had a 93 or 94 with 95k on eBay that went off at 29.9k. It was his daily driver. He lived in DC, was probably about 30, nicest guy you could ever meet, would probably have given 007 a run for his money getting the babes, but..... I test drove the car in 40 degree weather in the rain. He complained how you couldn't blow heat out the air vents (since he didn't use the top unless it was in the 30's, said he never had the rear window in place - even in the winter, commented on how the car just did not go in the snow - which made it so much more impressive because he skied regularly at Seven Springs PA and drove the Viper there with the skis sticking out the open back window.

Now this guy was an Iron Man and one of my heroes.

And then there was this other guy in the next town. He had a restaurant/hotel and had a Lambo Miura(?), sleek, but older transverse 12 cyl and a Maserati Merak. They were daily drivers with stone chips and dirty wheels and I don't think he washed them. He was a childhood hero of mine.

I guess I turned out a *****. I fret about my 00, and won't take it to a lot of places because it might get dinged ... whatever. I'm afraid of putting miles on it because I might want to trade it in or sell it - and am afraid of losing money. (Will somebody hit me on the head with a 2 by 4?)
bounce.gif

On the other hand, I am ruthless with cars that don't have the edge any more. Maybe I should get a nice "seasoned" Viper?

I'm tempted to get a friend of mine in NV to see Wayne and buy the car for me if he likes it. My luck Wayne's would be too nice.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fellow Viper owners;

DRIVE THE VIPER, DRIVE THE VIPER, DRIVE THE VIPER!

A garage queen does no good unless you just like to look at it.

Life can be short, enjoy it! The Viper has the best resale of any car you will ever own if you take care of it!

I have got a wife and two kids, and the Viper is a great therapy. I call it the "Escape Pod". If you want to make an investment, let your money sit for five years and double it. The Viper is an investment in your mental health. Have fun and don't get suckered in to street racing.

Jim

Viper #2 is an 01' RT-10, and I just can't seem to drive it enough!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I trust Fitzgerald got your order in ASAP with their large allocation. Historically, this is early! Lets see when they open for '03........ ONE YEAR FROM NOW ???

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second the above -- it's a car, not a piece of art, and it should get driven and enjoyed. About the only time I'm not driving mine is when it's in the shop getting faster
smile.gif