Hoosiers

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what reason would you want to use a racing tire on the street.....one hard stop of locking up the brakes (easy to do on the street) and Hoosiers are history...

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only get three track weekends on a set and that's really one too many. I should dump em after two, but because I'm cheap I usually push it into a third session where they've clearly lost most of their grip.

I think there are two *wear* issues involved: compound behavior and tread life. Hoosiers are pretty well done after 16 heat cycles, they may have tread left, but the tires don't stick. I usually hit the compound limit first (but there's not much tread left at that point either).

Total waste of money for the street, plus you'll probably never get em hot enough to notice any superiority over street tires.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll also sand/rock blast your paint since Hoosiers pick up EVERYTHING on the street. They also don't have alot of tread strength/structure as it seems like when they blow out the BLOW OUT unlike a street tire which usually goes flat before a major blowout.

Tittle

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456