Update on Power Window Switch Illumination...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that e-mailed me awhile back about pics, and parts needed to light up your later GTS power window switches. I am going nuts trying to find two of the little parts that make this work. Either a part number..or to just to get them so that I can pass them along. I didn't forget ya.....and will get it together ASAP.

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings Gerald...the later Vipers use a power window switch from a Caravan's right door. They already have a LED in them, but no power is supplied in the harness for them to illuminate. It's as simple as a jumper from the rear defrost light. They light up green..so I switched mine to amber LEDs. (I know...I need a hobby)

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt:

That's an awesome idea. Please post the parts required and procedure to accomplish this asap.

joe

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Matt,

I was thinking... Wouldn't it be easy to use Fiber Optics? no Smaller bulb would be involved (unless you wanted it to and wiring would be a snap and just "fishing" (no pun intended) the line to the switches would be easy....???

Gerald

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings Gerald...the later Vipers use a power window switch from a Caravan's right door. They already have a LED in them, but no power is supplied in the harness for them to illuminate. It's as simple as a jumper from the rear defrost light. They light up green..so I switched mine to amber LEDs. (I know...I need a hobby)
On inspecting my window switches on my 2000 GTS, I too have the green LEDs. What parts are reqd to get these LEDs workng? Do they come on with the insturment lighting or when you operate the switch only? Any HOW TO pics on this subject?
Thanks.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be all over this if I could find the bulbs. All I can find are ones that will only handle 2.5-3V supply power.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper