Poll: Should I pick up '03 at CAAP and drive home or have it delivered.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poll: Should I pick up \'03 at CAAP and drive home or have it delivered.

I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I have a low allocation number from one of the well respected, often recommended dealers on this board. Should I go tour the plant and pick up the car and drive it to Atlanta, stopping midway in Louisville at my Mom's (park in her garage), or should I just have the Asp delivered by enclosed transport to my home? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Dave

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Poll: Should I pick up \'03 at CAAP and drive home or have it delivered.

Umm.... Dave...... I would not plan your visit to "Moms" quite yet. You've had a very cool list of prior cars owned, but none of them has been a Viper. Be advised that Dodge and the VCA are trying to work out a plan that rewards current Viper Club of America members for their loyalty and prior purchases in the past, and lets them have first crack at the new 03's. The truth is that NO ONE, least of all your dealer, knows yet what the allocation of these cars will eventually be.

Best thing you can do is to hang out on this board, where the "truth shall be revealed" probably within seconds when final decisions are made.

That said, a visit to CAAP should be on the wish list of EVERY Viper owner, whether it's a seperate trip, OR to pick up your car. A "car guy" (or girl) does not generally sleep well either the night BEFORE or AFTER that visit. What a RUSH!!!

(ps..... bring PLENTY of money for the gift shop!)
smile.gif

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with Wing King... I think you should pick it up at the plant. As King said you may not see it until 2004 unless you already own a Viper.

A visit to the Viper Plant is something every Viper owner should have on their list of things to do. It is well worth the trip.

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your not going to be able to pick it up at the plant. From my understanding what Kingman said is correct as to who gets first shot at it, and CAAP is only taking the orders for the 2003 but you will not be able to take it with you at that time.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you are able to get one--pick it up at the factory! We did this last year and highly recommend it. You get a personalized tour, get to buy a bunch of goodies at the store, and the car will be broke in by the time you get home.

Steve

OP
OP
F

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, I am aware of the first shot to current Viper owner's scenario. Good for you guys, bad for non-Viper owners. I'll just hope for the best. This scenario assumes I will be able to get an '03. I want the opinions of those that have done either of the two. Thanks.
Dave

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Darn!

King, you sure are being tough on the new guy!!!
Lets welcome him to the Viper world with open arms. As you can see, he is converting from the Dark side.

Dave, I am in Atlanta. And a Viper Owner. Tell you what.
I will buy a 2003 and then sell it to you!

Send me an Email.

Regards,

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REVVER:
This scenario assumes I will be able to get an '03. I want the opinions of those that have done either of the two. Thanks.
Dave
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave....... It is good to keep an open mind on '03 delivery. And if 1996.5 history repeats, even some top VCA officers brokered their "earned" VCA privilage GTSs in 1996, as did many "vouchered" owners. I would rather see a VCA member make a few $$$ than an opportunistic broker as happened in 1992. YOU would likley not get gouged, either, buying an '03 from a hooked-up member who bought from a Dodge dealer.

I do not believe that CAAP will deliver cars to the 2nd owner however. If you buy Martin's, for example, HE would have to accompany you.........

CAAP PICKUP is a great experience...DO IT ! Also a good way to get past the Break-In-Blues. Break it in on the way home. And it GUARANTEES that no trucker or dealer will have an opportunity to ding your car! Maurice Liang, Steve Ferguson, and I fought pretty hard with the help of Ron Smith and Marty Levine to get thru bureaucratic red tape to even achieve CAAP pickups!
[ I was lucky #1 CAAP pickup ]

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Revver, hope you're enjoying the s2k (you may want to check out the s2000online website), it's quite different from the viper though. Have you had it long?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets