For all those with problems with hennessey please read this!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I will keep the address. With all that is going on I have recently had contact with HMS and he says he is refunding me today. If it doesn't happen by Friday I will give these guys a call. Thanks for the good info, I hope others will benefit from it too.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Regarding Mr. Schillinger's comments:

Well put!...a voice of reason in the midst of the chaos!

It's not difficult to be passionate when money is involved. It is also very easy to besmirch a reputation with a few poorly chosen words in the heat of that passion. Calm and reasoned communication between two parties with good intentions can usually resolve any dispute. If not, there are many other avenues to pursue to achieve the desired end as I'm sure Mr. Schillinger can attest to! I have a feeling that Mr. Hennessey is overwhelmed at work and is very hurt to have all this commotion directed at him. I'm not saying that he may not have made mistakes along the lines referred to by Mr. Schillinger but I have no doubt that Mr. Hennessey is doing all he can to resolve each and every case of dissatisfaction that he has encountered. You may accuse me of being a pollyanna but I will continue to be optimistic in the face of conflict and trust in the basic honesty of men of good will! I hope this will work out well for all involved!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic - I think you missed a few things.
I'd suggest you go back a few decades and conduct a proper and full in-depth background investigation of John. Who knows...you might get some real dirt on him. There's probably some guy he gave a wedgie in Jr. High School who could give you some great little crumpets regarding the "Bad John" and how he used to pick on people.

Suggestion to all Viper-tuner slammers: put up a few hundred thousand $ yourself and do the R&D necessary to get these cars to run the way John does. Then hire a bunch of customer service consultants to help you deal with the Type A ("A" meaning...well, you know) personalities who whine the most. Step in the man's shoes for a few days and you'll see what he deals with.

To all who have legitimate beefs, deal with it one-on-one with the man. Be a squeaky wheel. Demand excellence. Be cordial and professional. Make the product better for all buyers, and more prideful for the supplier. Save the whiny tattle-tail stuff for your Miata Clubs.

BTW, I put 20,000 miles on a Venom 600 (#019) in 18 months. The car ran beautifully, and was not babied. I drove it cross-country three times...yes, coast-to-coast. Beat up on it at race tracks. Didn't break a damned thing.

Vic...sorry about that wedgie a few decades ago. A few therapeutic trips to your favorite latte' bar in your Miata might be in order.

"Speed is life" Navy Fighter Pilot axiom #1

Reaction score
I must say, John has really been doing a lot for the Houston Viper Club. A bunch of us also get together with him at least once a week and eat lunch. Dont know about the past, but it seems he is getting an A+ here.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has always treated me first class. Very active in the Houston VCA with his time and knowledge. Unfortunate that these disputes exist.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole thing just plain *****! Yeah, I am stating the obvious, but Judas Priest, this isn't good for anyone!

Before I even had a Viper I heard of the legendary Venom built by Hennessey. I've never dealt with or met the man but he's almost up there with Babe Ruth for me. With all this bad press he's getting it's like rocking the Viper foundation. What are all the non-Viper folks out there reading these posts thinking. The Vette guys have to be loving this, saying..."Hey Joe, those Viper guys are self imploding again! If we're lucky they'll put HMS out of business and make DC disinterested in continuing the Viper and we'll finally be the true American muscle car like we claim."

John, I read your response on the other thread. You say you aren't going to hire customer service people, why not? Just do it, fix the half dozen bad situations you have going, get your customers happy and get us back to worshipping the ground you walk on.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bschillinger and everyone else,
Since I am the one who started the post about John I thought it was fitting that I give you my thoughts on the matter. I'm sure John has done great things as anyone can. What John did to me was stealing. Not someone in his shop doing something he didn't have control over. This was completely evident when he lied 3 times about the cam he sold me and then when I confronted him with the manufacturers statement, he came clean. There was never a question about him being a personable guy and that he hasn't made many friends along the way. But you people must see by my posts and others that there is a real problem here. American Express is now charging HMS back and taking the charge off my credit card because John has chosen not to answer the claim. Finally, he is doing what he said he is going to do almost a year ago. People say it should be handled one on one, but now that I am being credited I can tell you what my lawyer told me. Try sueing him from NY to Texas. He advised to get my money back by other means because it would be very hard out of state even though I had an ironclad case. I would have never gotten my money from him unless I came on this board. Friends of his and others please ask yourself why John only addressed customer service issues and nothing about his dishonest actions. If he didn't want argue publically, he would have never posted anything at all. One on one? what a joke! When you leave someone 50 messages and don't get a return calls and don't live at his doorstep, how can you handle it one on one? John has had 10 months worth of chances to credit me and only does now when I expose him. Please, friends of John, ask him what happened. Ask him for proof and when you get all of his proof ask me for mine(receipts, pictures, emails, tracking #'s and anything else you can think of. If you ignore one aspect of the situation than you are not being honest with yourselves. My 2 cents and then some.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some people are completely missing the point. I am sure their are many people that HMS delivered what he contracted for and promised. Then as with almost any business there are those that for one reason or another become dissatisfied. I have watched very quitely to many posts of people complaining, THAT IS THEIR RIGHT, that HMS has not delivered parts, service, overcharged their credit cards, refuses or doesn't call back, YET I have not seen HMS EVER defend his side of the story. I have seen him call customers "Internet whiners" and recently "As*es" to people. I am baffled that a man and company with such a name in the limelight of the Viper Nation never openly airs his side of the story, whether good or bad, offers what he will or will not do, THEN DO IT, and move on. Why is it that people defend this apparent poor work and business ethics that people like Marc L. have the right to complain about. So far it all seams like a one sided arguement, and ALL BAD. HMS never seems to say the right things to win over the trust, of at least me, that yes he may have had some bad luck, not enough employees, tough cash flow, vendor orders late,or whatever excuse you can think of, (TRUST ME IN CONTRACTING IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME), but I sure as heck would bend over backwards in such a tight nit community as the Viper Nation to make sure ALL were satisfied or at least be heard of why a person couldn't be satisfied. Plain old customer contact goes a long way and HMS obviously has a hard problem getting to people that want to know about these big expenditures they are spending hard earned money for, especially from acrooss country often. Not everyone lives around the corner. Can you blame someone who wants want they ask and often pay for? There are some people that just will never be happy, but from what I've read that does not seem to be the case...I could be wrong, but thats my .02

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vic451:
I will keep this thread alive till i see all of those involved have been satiated , or the problem has been resolved .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This particular posting individual, posted SIX of the 1st 8 posts in the thread! He, vettevic, doing EXACTLY what Patrick H. stated: flogging the unrest of a few for his personal entertainment and enjoyment! He has NO apparent vested interest other than enjoying mud wrestling. After 24-hours of no comment, he blows on the coals. (lots of practice, eh vic??)

As I have stated before:
- I have been a HMS customer since 1991. Pre-Viper.
- HMS has hosted large VCA events, like Viper Nationals I.
- JPH was invited to Pac-NW VCA - our biggest meeting ever.
- JPH refused our offer to pay his expenses....
- JPH then gave away $1K doorprize!
- HMS has landed more free ads for D-C than could be purchased.
- HMS has many HUNDREDS of customers. (and angered a small %.)
- Could HMS do a better job on customer service? Sometimes,YUP!
- Could HMS do a better job on products? Probably not.
- Could HMS charge less? HEY! He pioneered, R+Dd many items!
- "Let he who is without sin among you cast the first stone"
(No, that is NOT a JPH quote.....)

- Lastly: I have heard Bob Lutz personally recommend HMS. In fact, I have it on video. Lutz does not kiss up. Top That.

Now, lets get back to helping each other enjoy our Vipers, and stop this mud-slinging vendetta. Its only providing outside amusement to the wanna-bees like vette-vic above.

Reaction score
Tony, imagine it is Hennessy?? I looked up his profile in aol, no profile//I would bet my car its one of his people
smile.gif
)This is so funny.. Hey guys, let HMS sink on his own..ps- Why is the Vette guy complaining in this forum about John, we already have a million post on this topic, If you dont get it by now, your in trouble// GTSR45- MAN YOU ARE lO TO DO THAT..THAT STINKS

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A suggestion for the next VOI,

Tuner Cole Slaw wrestling!!!!Heheheeeeee. Any tuners of the opposite sex out there that I can sling slaw with??

This whole thread is just too much!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vic451:
JonB
As you stated you obviously have no problems with hennessey ........... and as you also stated i have nothing to gain or lose ...........I am neutral where as you ,....well are not .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

vettevic: Please re-read my only prior post (vs your 10!) in this thread slowly, and perhaps get someone to help you for improved comprehension.

I did NOT state either such thing. Read S L O W L Y so you do not mis-state my words.

Furthermore, I DID state that you have amusement to gain. Patrick suggested as much, that "vette-board guys would come here for amusement." Proof of your amusement is the number of posts in this thread that are YOURS, and the speed with which you respond, vulture-like. I'm fair and neutral. I am providing balance. As a neutral, I have even helped a few folks (~5 in 9 years?) mediate HMS solutions. Always, a resolution was achieved. And NOT by agitating, opportunist mud-slingers that you are pimping to.

Because you crave replies, I will not.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JohnB,
I recently purchased from you and think that you are a nice guy, seems like you know Vipers too. But don't ignore what I posted earlier, take me up on it! Maybe you might think twice about selling his products, maybe not.

Reaction score
I don't get these post on here. We all sound like a bunch of old farths crying Momee!!!! Look, I have been on the board for a while, I have dealt with HMS and not had any wrong doing with his company. It's been positive. Over the months I seen post regarding the outcome of his parts taking slow to get to the purchaser. I have a solution for all the cry babies in this room. If you guys dont like his crap, then dont buy it. Its very unfair to post things that are probably way blown up stories. I hate seeing a person lose a company because of bad press, and you guys are posting alot to hurt the mans company. Why post, instead get a lawyer if you have such a problem and do something about it, instead of crying on here.

To Vic, I suggest get a lawyer and do what you have to. To GTSR45, WELL, I DONT HAVE WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW ********** I AM AFTER WHAT A LO LIFE YOU ARE ABOUT TRYING TO GET A MAN FIRED. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN TAKE LEGAL ACTIONS TOWARDS YOU AND PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE..I HOPE TONY VIPERMAD LOOKS INTO THIS AND GETS YOU OFF THIS BOARD
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper