How does one get banned?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rules are placed for convenient view, in red, before every posting screen and look like this:

The following types of messages are UNACCEPTABLE:

Profane, gross, ****** (language and images). Inflammatory statements,
Inappropriate posts - Examples: Inaccurate or incorrect information, Non-viper by
non-members, Commercial non-viper announcements, Test posts or posting mistakes,
Forgery, impersonation or invalid return e-mail. Anything retracted by poster, Personal
assaults or name calling, Posts of no interest to members of the Viper community, Ads
(Site includes free classifieds for members) No return E-mail (this is post dependent
and at moderator discretion).

If any person, (or computer equipment or address assigned to them,) can be
determined, by the best information available to message board administrators, to be
responsible for fraudulent, non-factual, confrontational, or posts contrary to stated
message board policy, the person or business involved may be banned from board
participation or advertising for a period of time deemed appropriate by board
administrators, in their complete discretion.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jay. Has anybody ever fit all of those into one post...that would be too cool!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those rules don't seem unreasonable if enforced with consistency (although there is an off-topic section for the non-Viper related stuff, correct?).

I'd just like to add that perhaps in the future we might make a concerted effort to delete posts in place of VCA members. I'm prepared to elaborate further on BurnR8 and Kid and what resulted in their banning, but I think all parties involved are aware of the situation at this point. If their posting capabilities haven't been restored yet, maybe reinstating them would be a fair next step.

Further, I'd like to see any thread that isn't ******, obscene, or racist (take this thread, for example) remain unlocked. I'm sure there is an exception to this but I can't think of it right now. The point is, this layered up sight has a section for pretty much anything - be it free speech or how Zaino looks on a Gremlin (probably decent, I guess). And if a VCA member wants to discuss it, it should stay. Whether you and I are interested or not.

Lastly, when a thread is deleted or moved, I think it would be reasonable if the moderator were to kindly leave a post as to why. It is a common courtesy to fellow VCA members. Joe did this today with the Hennessey poll and his response was fair and equitable, IMO.

Reaction score
Bryan:
Your point being that once someone gets banned, the ladies are suddenly attracted to them because they are a "badasp"???? I don't get it.
confused.gif
confused.gif
Please clarify that one for me.
Thanks for your time.
MrB

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryan,
How true, I'd have to agree with you.......<FONT size="5">the "bad boys" rule!!!</FONT s>hehehe!!
devil.gif

Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif