Clay Bar step by step

Reaction score
Can someone please explain how to properly use the Zaino Clay Bar? [I cannot access archives currently, and this morning I used my new clay bar as per the directions given but did not see or feel any results]

Thank you-

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Zaino's #6 to wet a portion of a panel...then glide the clay over. Wipe dry. It will remove al kinds of surface contaminents. You could also mix up a solution of Zaino's car wash with water in a spray bottle. You may want to check the Zaino site as well. zainobros.com.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
How wet should the surface be? This morning I mixed the car wash up with water for a solution but it seemed much too wet and soapy...it didn't seem as if the clay bar was having any effect.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should use a Wipe and Shine or Quick Detailer to lubricate the surface. Wet the surface with a couple of "squirts" and slide the clay bar back and forth in the wet area with very little force. Wipe it clean. Spray the area once more and wipe to a shine... That should do it!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I just did my hard top as per everyone's suggestions. My verdict: I think they are overrated.
You must be registered for see images

Maybe I don't have many contaminents to take off???

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clay bars are not over rated, more than likely you don't have a paint issue where a clay bar is required. The ONLY time that a clay bar will work is when you can "feel" these contaminants. If it's on top of the paint and you can feel or hear it as you drag your towel or hand across it, a clay bar is the answer. The only time that I know of that this rule does not apply is when the contaminant is "rail dust". This requires an acid bath, another kind of problem and solution altogether.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I work in a school I was wondering if I took some clay from the art teacher if it woould work as well as Zaino's clay bar? What is nice is that I can get some red clay and use it on the red paint...which may even fill in any chips...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets