Dodge Viper ACR: A regular economy car!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was busy looking through eBay for my normal Viper goodies fix (I win about 1 in every 130 items I bid on) and found a brand-new 2000 ACR (steel grey with stripes - pretty!). Besides being a pretty good deal (Canadian car), I noticed the window sticker EPA ratings:

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

While it appears that the first set of numbers is liters per 100 kilometers (I think), the second set of numbers appear to be miles per gallon, in which case it is rated at 15/28! My window sticker on my 2000 GTS shows 12/21. BTW, this car on eBay has only a $68,900 reserve and includes a US-spec speedo. Not a bad deal for a new ACR!

Chris

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could the MPG discrepancy have anything to do with the Canadian Imperial Gallon being different from the good old US gallon? (Of course, it's been many, many years since I've been in Canada, and my memory could be a little fuzzy... But it stands to reason that if the gallon were, say 20% larger, the MPG would also be 20% higher.) Maybe one of our Canadian members can shed some light on this.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Imperial Gallon is larger than the US Gallon. The IG is 4.4L

That is a sweet car, I wish I had seen it earlier.
You must be registered for see images

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are some issues for customers in the states that buy Canadian cars, so one needs to be very cautious. One major concern is the switch from Kilometers to Miles Per Hour. Many states will require not only a notice on the door pillar, but will require the customer and dealer to forever list the mileage on odometer statements as " UNKNOWN." This will affect the resale value. Another concern that has come up is in reference to warranty claims. The computer has the kilometers listed in the file, and once switched over it raises a red flag in Chrysler's system , as now it shows miles, which appear lower. Again, since proof is hard to establish on correct mileage, there have been cases of warranty disputes. There are some other items, but thought a few precautionary notes might be appropriate.