How much less is a salvage titled Viper???

Reaction score
How much less can you expect to pay for a salvaged titled repaired Viper? Also, why are there so many salvaged titled Vipers out there? As long as the damage is confined to the nose would it be safe to buy it? Thanks

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no dealer and I'm no expert, but...
IMHO, it would have to be at least 25% less than comparable clean title car. By comparable I mean that the quality of repairs would have to scrutinized in detail, I've seen some pretty poor rebuild jobs.

Why so many? Probably because so many get bent, they're worth so much, and there are too many people to count who are just out to rip somebody off or make a fast buck.

I'd only buy a salvage title car if you don't plan on reselling. Personally, if I found a great deal I'd buy one for a play/track car. Be careful and check out any prospects extremely closely.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason why there are so many salvaged Vipers is because many people have no idea how to drive. Let's face it...I remember seeing an article in Viper Quarterly showing typical people a few years ago who owned 1994 Vipers. Well the yearly income was almost $200,000 per year. Most people who make $200,000 a year are yuppies who have more money than brains and have little experience behind the wheel of a very powerful automobile. I have been driving like a maniac for almost 15 years doing the unthinkable...especially behind the wheel of a juiced Dart pushing 550-600 horsepower.

For example...Kelsey Grammner (spelling)...your typical rich drunk/druggie/geek who has a hot wife because he is so good looking. He gets behind the wheel of his free Viper (from the show Frasier) and decides to show off for his sweet chick next to him. Mind you, Kelsey growing up probably drove a Dodge Colt or Toyota Celica with about 90 horsepower. Being the yuppie wacker he is mashes the gas at high speeds and loses control and wipes out...due in part to having very little experience with a fast car. My case in point. There are plenty more Kelseys out there...as well as salvaged Vipers...

Man this is gonna fire some people up...but hey I tell it like it is...

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank. Solid try. You came real close to describing me. I especially like rich/drunk/druggie line. It has always been a goal of mine, so far, so good. I even have the hot wife and I actually learned how to drive in a Dodge Colt!

Unfortunately though, this post just doesn't bother me. I fact you have never managed to piss me off with anything you've said on this board. Keep trying though, its fun to watch...

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as FRANK keeps adding to his signature he's alright in my book!
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth