how u sign off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the way it works (Tony, correct me if I'm wrong) is that once you set your cookie you are always on when you bring up the page. The only way to turn it off is to:

A) Close the browser window that the forum page is in.

B) Completely quit your browser.

Once you bring up the page again, you are instantly logged on.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not me! I need to sign in every time I open the web page. I have no idea why - cookies are on and all. Thus I am always one of the "visitors."
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Ron

OP
OP
U

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's that way for me at home. I did that on purpose because I did not want to end up with two different machines with the cookies set. Have no idea what would happen. So from home, I have to always login or post before the forums recognizes that I am there. Anyway,

You can have your cookies turned "on" but still not "set" until you follow the directions for setting cookies. Don't remember where those are but it's somewhere on the front page links of the forums. Probably under the FAQ.

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you follow the instructions from the home page about setting cookies, do it exactly. It didn't work for me and I missed the little note about not clicking on returning but letting the timeout occur after the update, and then you will be returned to the home page. If you let the timeout occur, the cookie will be set. Also, always change something, set the radio button to not save cookies and then back to save again. Some browsers have a problem with saving unless something has changed and sometimes the specific control, radio button in this case, must loose focus before it can tell it changed. Hopes this helps. Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth