Purchasing Viper from out of state dealers

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say enough good things about Bill Pemberton and Woodhouse Dodge. I just purchased a 2001 GTS from him and I have to say that it was the best car buying experiance of my life.

I first contacted Bill on a Wednesday and exactly (7) days later my new car was sitting in my driveway.

BLS
Orlando, Florida

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tgr,

I have tried to deal with Woodhouse and Latham, I don't know about Groupe One. Latham wasn't very flexible on the price of the car I was looking for. (my ACR) Everyone has something good to say about Bill Pemberton.(Woodhouse) I have spoken to him over the phone and even when I placed my order through Chuck Tator, Bill
helped me follow up on the status of my order! As far as bringing a car in from those states it shouldn't be a problem. Others have said they have taken the window sticker to DMV that shows 50 state emissions. The new Vettes are the same way.

Good luck,
Steve

Reaction score
I can't say enough about Big Bill at Woodhouse. You can't ask for anything better than having them deliver your snake right to your door step on a enclosed trailer. Top Notch Folks in Blair,NE. I spoke with Bill yesterday and he had just sold 5 snakes the day before and have about 20 new 2001's on the lot for delivery. Good luck in your search!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I simply cannot tell you how happy I have been with Woodhouse Dodge, as has everyone I have referred to them. They are meticulous on the vehicle preparation (Zaino!), have fantastic follow up, and their shipping is legendary. I don't think there are any issues bringing Vipers into California as they are 50-state certified. Call Bill Pemberton at 800-889-1893. You will be VERY glad you did!

Chris

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the risk of being repetitive AND redundant, I also bought my car through Bill Pemberton @ Woodhouse, and was thrilled at how the entire transaction was handled.

Registering the car in CA was trivial -- you bring the car and the title to the DMV, fill out one form, they look it over, you give them a check for the sales tax & registration, and you're done. I didn't need to smog either my Viper or my M5, and both were bought new out-of-state and registered in California.

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 2000 GTS from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse as well...A class act all the way around...You couldn't ask for an easier way to buy a car than have it delivered right to your door...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lemme add my name to the list of people thrilled with their dealings with Bill P and Woodhouse. Great people who really care about YOU...not just making a sale.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill is DA-MAN!

Just want to add that the DMV makes it very clear that any new car brought into California must be smogged. If the droid at the desk (actually the young ladies who helped me were very nice) gets you registered without a smog cert, then even better. You won't have to waste another day having that done.

Straight from the DMV's mouth (well...their site):

How do I register a vehicle I purchased with out-of-state plates?

Within 20 days of your purchase, you must apply for California registration and pay all registration and license fees.

You will need to:

Complete an Application for Registration form Reg 343/31
Submit the out-of-state title endorsed with the seller's
signature

Provide an odometer mileage certification signed by both the seller and the buyer

Provide evidence of the smog certification

Bring your vehicle to a DMV office for verification of the vehicle's identification number (For your convenience, we recommend that you schedule an appointment by calling your local DMV)

Pay the registration, license, and use tax fees

What should a California resident look for when buying a new vehicle from another state?

Individuals are prohibited from importing, purchasing, or leasing a new vehicle from another state, unless the vehicle was manufactured for sale in California, and the Environmental Protection Agency label certifies the vehicle has California smog equipment. California considers a new vehicle to be any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I haven't dealt with Latham, Woodhouse or Group One Motors, I have been fortunate enough to experience purchasing new Vipers both from within the state I live, and out of the state. I purchased my 98 RT/10 from Old Country Dodge, salesman Tom Smith, a local dealer, which was a wonderful experience for several reasons. One being the "more" personal attention received when bringing the car in for service being that it was purchased from them. I purchased my 2000 Gts from Fitzgerald in NH, dealt with salesman Mike Buker. I had a great experience dealing with them as well, they delivered the car to my door by enclosed truck. I think when purchasing a Viper, the special attention is provided by the dealers. They are aware that the type of individual buying such a car has a special love of automobiles, and they treat them accordingly. Good luck in whatever you decide. Have a wonderful day.
Laura
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta agree with the above-Woodhouse Dodge/Bill Pemberton was fine to work with, the price was good, car was not damaged in transportation to California. The DMV was a little bit of a hassle, and I had to make 3 or 4 trips to DMV to register it. They need to "inspect" the car in person, they demanded a smog certificate (on a new 2001 with 18 miles), etc.- none of which I was expecting, so be prepared!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456