Paxton V-10 supercharger kit $6,100????

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking through the internet for more information on superchargers for our Vipers and found a web site that has a Paxton supercharger advertised on it. But its for a V-10 truck engine. Now I know our Viper V-10's are very different from the trucks but I'm thinking if this supercharger works on a V-10 truck why not a V-10 car? Maybe it needs some more modifications but hey for the price it sounds good. Looks to be a complete system, with pulley, hoses, mounting brackets, & electronics. Considering Viper tuners charge $15-$20K for a supercharger. Which seems to me to be silly, when you consider it only costs $5K-$6K for a Corvette kit.

Question How different is the truck V-10 from a Viper V-10? I have never seen a truck V-10. Second has anyone looked into this supercharger before? I surly can't be the first one to find it.

Website is below click on the yellow Paxton logo at the top and it will take to to the next page which has the supercharger.
http://www.racesearch.com/news/11-07-00.html

SUPERCHARGER KIT W/ POLISHED NOVI - 1993-99 DODGE RAM with V-10 engine, PORT injection, NOVI S/C Type $6,100

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that designates that kit as being a dodge V-10 is because the tubes, hose lenth, and pully system are designed to fit the truck's dimentions. I highly doubt it would work on a viper. The kit for a LS1 vette looks the same as an LS1 F-body, but the two definetly DO NOT interchange. The blowers them selves are the same, but the brackets, tubes and pully #s are different.

I'd rather have a kit custom fabed. I'm a big fan of ATI blowers... someone needs to stuff a D-1 series under the hood and really make some power
You must be registered for see images

The bulk of a tuners charge seems to be in labor, and for the custom tubes. They are all polished. Personaly, i'd measure, create it on a cad station, then print out the dimentions. Have it welded up by a good speed shop, powdercoated body color (or red to match plenum). Thats what I did for my TA, had some 4" pipe bent up, welded into place and powder coated red to match the body. Worked great, no worries of tube colapse and a bit more trick than your standard blower package.

From what i've seen so far of the motor, it would seem that the hardest part would be making the support brackets for the blower housing and the intercooler.... I may be wrong, i'm new at this.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there was a tuner that did just this in the past and he created MANY expensive viper motors that are now set up as coffee tables.

Gerald

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang , Guess they can't handle that much boost
You must be registered for see images

Do you know how much he was running? Stock bottom end?

I blew up 2 blowers on my TA before I got it right. the 2nd one dusted the engine. Had to go with an all new block, from the ground up. Ran 15psi on the older P600B series, but I had droped the compression down to a docile 9:1 (more like 8.75:1 w/ head work). This