Oil Filter Mobile M1-204

Reaction score
Yup. The Mobile One filter supply seems to be drying up around here too. Out of desperation, I had to use a MoPar filter today. Now you can't seem to find a (M1-204) for love or money in this town. I find this particularly odd as this filter fits so many Chrysler products.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the statistics from the 'combined efficiency and capacity' test (SAE HS806):
The top tier filters(combined cellulose and synthetic fiber filtering media)are in order: Amsoil,Mobil One,and Hard Driver.

Main tier filters(mainly cellulose media with mesh support needed) are in order:
Hastings,Wix,Pure One, Purolator, AC,Defense,Group 7,Fram,Napa Gold, and Pro Tec

There are probably other filters not included in this test which would be sprinkled in here from top to bottom.

Steve

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Update...our local K Mart no longer carries Mobile 1 filters...but Autozone does. I called Mobil hotline to ask about gray color (and whether or not this meant there was a functional change), and they referred me to Champion who makes the filters...Champion told me (and thee) that the color change was per Mobil request so that filter color matches color of Mobil 1 Tri-synthetic oil containers.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
YES, Mobil and Champion said there are NO plans to discontinue current filter. Champion man told me that Mobil 1-204 is the same filter as Purolator PureOne (I looked up part number for Viper...PL14670...)...filter color is dark blue, but gasket is reddish...different from M1-204 to MY eye...wonder what REALLY makes PL14670 $4.00 cheaper...any ideas??

By the way, Ron, if YOU need a filter, I DO have a few (12) extras.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Can we safely assume Steve that the filter will continue be produced?</FONT f>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave