New exhaust - dyno results

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a dyno day on the 21st and I had to catch a plane to Chicago shortly after my run. I didn't get a chance to watch many of the other cars but here are my numbers:
'96 GTS baseline (factory stock) with 1,200 miles
414.0 max rwhp and 457.4 max rw torgue

Last week's dyno results after 6,800 miles and the following mods:
Hennessey carbon fiber airbox with K&N filters
SVP headers
3" high flow cats
Borla 3" cat back exhaust
Hennessey venom aero wing
Autoform splitter

436.2 max rwhp and 475.6 max rw torque
I did three pulls with nearly identical results. The air / fuel ratio was good ( between 13 and 14 through most of the rpm range). I was surprised and disappointed that I didn't get more increase from the mods, especially starting with a fairly strong car to begin with. I was expecting 450+ in the horsepower scale. Anyone out there care to venture why the numbers were low?

Bob K
94 RT/10 & 96 GTS

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I forgot to add on the above post is that I am extremely happy with the sound I got from this exhaust system. If you want a deep burble at idle and a LOUD, LOW-PITCHED ROAR at WOT then consider this system. It turns heads and makes you want to drive it all the time!
Bob K

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bob,

Did you take the carpet mat out of the drivers side and check to see if the motor was actually getting full throttle? This is a common oversight.

Reaction score
Good point that Sean makes. Also, make sure your throttle bodies are opening up all the way. Take off the tubes going to the throttle bodies and manually open the throttle (with the engine off!). The butterflies should be parallel to the ground, unless the car's standing on end.
You must be registered for see images