80 SNAKES,80 SNAKES,80 SNAKES !!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Talked to Courtney today and there will be 80 Vipers at the Mid-Ohio Viper Days event this weekend. With over 25 Snakes running the Wheel to Wheel Challenge, come out Saturday or Sunday to watch these drivers go head to head on the track where SCCA runs their National Finals, and where Michael Andretti and his fellow CART racers have some of their best fought battles. The two races last year were very closely contested and with the rules changes this year to equal performance among the drivers, this should be the tightest run race ever. With drivers from as far away as Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, New York, Nebraska, Texas, etc., make a trip to Lexington , Ohio ( south of Mansfield ) for a super fun weekend.

Winners of the earlier races in 2001 ( Frank Parise, Rob Foster, and Bob Woodhouse ), will all be there to contest their first event with all current race winners present. Some drivers will be making their debuts, and I am going to make a prediction that Seth Palatnik may be the sleeper to watch this weekend.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I was there...

I'd set off today to make the drive, but sadly, neither I nor Viper could swim the big pond that lies in the way!

Have a great weekend.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,
If this race is anything like the Gingerman Viperdays, it is a heck of a lot of fun to watch, if not participate in. We attended the Viperdays at Gingerman last year (to watch) and took along some of our West Michigan Mopar Club members, Skip took the time to welcome us, show us around, and even take us on a first hand tour of the track. We had a great time,and I am organizing another trip with the WMMC again this year for June 17th. Skip was gracious enough to welcome us back again this year. Hopefully we will bring a larger contingent of Mopar iron again this year to the the event along with a couple more Vipers too! Bob Woodhouse won that race last year if I'm not mistaken, and it was a hoot to watch it all. Nadine, you would love it!
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform will be there! Joe Ellis will be there with his new-look Viper. Autoform will be bringing Roy McKorkle's updated Viper along with Dave Held's new Viper. They will also be showing up with a couple of other new Vipers. It sounds like there will be lots of new Vipers racing this season! Bernie will be there with his Autoform Prototype Daytona24 Viper. Seth will be there with his updated Viper. If you are able to go to this event, do it! You will not be sorry. It is going to be a GREAT event!

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The race should be even more exciting, as just heard that Bobby Archer will be there to run also. Could be really exciting to see
how the Viper Days regulars run against the World Challenge Series Champion of 1999!!! Looks like 26 cars for the Sat. and Sunday Wheel to Wheel races.