Ran an [email protected] last night on stock tires in stock 1998 GTS

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, well, I let my friend drive, but he ran an [email protected]...

I don't know if anyone else will read it in the other section, and since I posted so much about what tires to use, etc, I figured it was worth posting - I'm so proud of my car!

It's a mostly stock '98 GTS with only the K&N's and smooth tubes and I removed the rear muffler. On the stock MXX3 tires (which have 21k miles on them) @ 22psi.

I was real happy with the time - best I got was a [email protected]. The guy that drove the car drove his GTS to an 11.38@121 last year on drag radials, and swears he can hit the 10's in my car if I just put on a set of headers, DR's, and a 3" exhaust... we'll see
You must be registered for see images

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! My best time in my RT/10 is 12.34. It is the same year and setup as your GTS, K&N's, smoothies and no rear muffler and MXX3. I hope it's the track and not the driver.
You must be registered for see images

Congrats!

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

The 60' time was 1.91... I've seen better on the MXX3s

Chuck,

I hate to say it but I think it's the driver.... best I could do was 12.33@117 - everyone thought something was wrong w/the car. I concentrated on shifting as fast as humanly possible, and I dropped to [email protected] - so I think the shifts are where it's at. Get a good launch (1.95 or less 60' time) and shift very quickly and you will be in the 11's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave