Dodge Dealerships and Viper Service

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that a certified viper tech is required in order to "work" on a viper at a Dodge dealership. But what about very basic things, like getting an oil change? To me, that is "working" on the car in any viper-specific manner, that's just basic maintenance - why would a dealership not be able to do that without a certified viper tech? Perhaps it is because some dealerships seem to not want to work on vipers at all, due to liability issues? And what's up with dealerships having that attitude, aren't they required to service all Dodge vehicles?!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding. Your local dealer won't work on your car, because they don't have a Viper tech on the payroll!
Up here in the great white north, I contacted a few Dodge dealers and they don't even know what a Viper tech is. :rolleyes:
I've had my '94 in a couple of times, once for a general tune up (found out I had a bad plug wire) and another time, my slave cylinder for my clutch was NFG.
That requires the trans to be pulled back out of the way. No problems!
Maybe DC figures we only drive 4x4's up hear at the north pole, don't need Viper techs, just eskimos with wrenches :smirk:
G'day eh! :D

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper dealer does not have the Viper tech do the oil changes. But the tech checks the car when the other mechanic is done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs