Purchasing Insurance for Viper Owners still under 35 years old!! Help!!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In our pursuit to purchase a Viper GTS Blue/White (Yellow Vipers are too slow ;P) my wife and I both have perfect driving records. Additionally, if we put the car in a secured location, our prospects of purchasing inexpensive insurance from a top notch company or similar are still frightening :eek: . What are some Illinois Viper Owners paying for insurance and what would be considered acceptable. If you could post here on the web that would be terrific, otherwise just PM me with a great source or contact with whom to get in touch with.

Thanks in advance,

Jay K.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Jay guy is all right, have to keep them pesky Yellow owners in check, glad I got here before some big dude from Ohio.....

Late 20's, clean record, and about $1500 a year here. Although 4 months are not PL and PD, only fire and theft in the winter, keep that in mind when comparing.
The married thing will help, apparently married people don't have accidents? :confused:

good luck, go get one!

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both drivers over 25, both with perfect records, 3rd car, less than 7500 miles/year, we pay $912 per year with State Farm in Michigan.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Comparing price is a start...then compare INclusions, benefits, EXclusions, DETAILS of policy...then fit to YOUR circumstance/need/liking...and YOU can determine VALUE !!!!

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Figgured I'd add mine in too.. Single, late 20's, multiple cars, full coverage from allstate with $250 deductible, california.... under $700 a year :smirk:
Allstate is the way to go.. once you have been with em a while the discounts really kick in

S

SUN RA KAT

Yellow Vipers + my insurance = $1,100/year.

Any other color Viper would cost much more in insurance because my insurance agent said, "Only Yellow Vipers are fast enough to be too fast for bad drivers to hit. The other Vipers, no matter what color, are slow enough that a woman driver talking on her cell phone driving in the fast lane in her SUV would be able to hit the Viper and cause major damage."

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any other color Viper would cost much more in insurance because my insurance agent said, "Only Yellow Vipers are fast enough to be too fast for bad drivers to hit. The other Vipers, no matter what color, are slow enough that a woman driver talking on her cell phone driving in the fast lane in her SUV would be able to hit the Viper and cause major damage."

Wow.. this is just the opposite of what my Insurance company said.. They told me that insurance on yellow vipers is highest because they are the slowest ones out there and that it was because the minivans and SUV's could catch up to them and hit them! :laugh: They said the only way to cure the inherent slowness of the yellow vipers produced (only the performance-rejected vipers were painted yellow.. to make them look faster, and to shuffle off to the unsuspecting moneybag consumer) was to use things like turbochargers and superchargers on them so that they could compete with the non-yellow vipers, thus staying out of harms way! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
JGK95

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We contacted an insurance broker who gave us a rate of around $800 a month with very detailed breakouts of which companies believe that a woman is the better driver to insure and others that thought the man is the better because he would treat the car as a special vehicle. I believe the car is catagorized as a luxury vehicle and classified similiarly with Ferrari's and other high end vehicles. She also said that almost all Vipers are worthy of this treatment except a few. When I questioned her on the exception she mentioned "...pssst, Only the YELLOW ones! :p )

Jay K.

ps. You know what comes around goes around and While I'm trying to get close to a Blue and White, it'll be my guess that I wind up with a BumbleBee or something! :D

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We contacted an insurance broker who gave us a rate of around $800 a month

Honestly sounds like the insurance broker is putting $500 or more of that a month into their own pocket.. :eek: go straight to the insurance agents.. skip the middleman.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$800.00 PER MONTH!!! No way, $9,600 per year is absurd! I have gotten quotes of $714.00 to $2,800 per year depending on the carrier--keep looking but read the fine print.

Bill

OP
OP
JGK95

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill and others,

Your excitement is only mirrored by mine! I will be going this week directly to the Insurance companies rather than going through the broker. Another post on this board had the car mothballed for the rainy season and then daily driving during the good weather. We will definately have to customize our driving plan when we own the car.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Purchasing Insurance for Viper Owners still under 35 years old!! Help!!

We pay $560 per year with State Farm, both drivers are early 30's. Jay, let me know what you come up with when you go on your hunt for insurance. I've been meaning to check on Chub and a couple of others where you name the value your insuring the car for.

OP
OP
JGK95

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Birvini,

Thanks for chiming in. Our initial forray into the completely separate world of insurance hunting as well as learning all the aspects of insurance has really just begun. I think we really need to refine our search and learn all the variables on what to ask for. Regardless, I will keep you posted on whatever I find out.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was just qouted by allstate for $ 509 a year. I'm 28 years old.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was Quoted $541 a month on a 99 viper gts

I have:
1 speeding ticket
1 DUI (1 year old)
1 Suspension (1 year old)

541 a month... ouch!

And yess, i called hundreds of places... the cheapest one was www.AISInsurance.com

some were 950 a month, and most would not even go near my record with a 10 fot pole.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting... the 888 number doesn't work from Atlanta. I'm guessing it's a West Coast only thing...

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I purchased my first viper at 23 and at 24 bought my 2002 Final edition. Insurance isn't that bad. Shop around a bit. Multiple car discounts help out.

OP
OP
JGK95

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Additionally, Insurance companies can be very difficult in how they estimate rates for Vipers. I think the primary standard is by population density. Illinois being the most heavily congested followed by a close Second New York (City or borough?) and Third New Jersey ("What Exit? :p )

Informatively,

JGK95

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am 34yrs, married 2 children,
State Farm for home and other autos.
$100 a month!! for awesome coverage!!!

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am 30, live in Maryland and pay $960.00 a year with 4 cars and home owners thru State Farm......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth