The SRT made perfect... (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, the car is pretty darn awesome as it sits. But my good friend George at MGW came to the rescue on a couple "tweaks" and one necessity. Starting from front to back:

<font color="red">For those occasions when you really want to impress the folks gazing with wonder at the engine:</font>

You must be registered for see images

<font color="red">To remedy that very tall stock shifter with one that just molds to your hand and feels PERFECT:</font>

<font color="red">And finally, the way to dress up that back just a little bit without going overboard:</font>

Let me say first and foremost: YOU MUST BUY THIS SHIFT KNOB! I had the same stock knob in my 2000 GTS that arrived with the SRT and it was too tall and made for some sloppy shifts at times. I changed it out for the First Strike knob and it both lowered the throw (a lot) and really felt great in your hand. Likewise, this new First Strike knob for the SRT is PERFECT.

I know some guys change out their wheels, while others are looking at changing out actual body panels. For a guy on a very tight budget, these are the only things I would do to improve on this car - besides some high-flow filters, of course! My heartfelt thanks to George and MGW for producing such topnotch products for our Vipers. What would we do without him? Seriously!

Chris

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I have just received my shift knob and license plate holder - will try and install this week. George actually called me and 'suggested' that I change my order from the red shift knob to the gray. From your pictures, I'm glad I did.

Dave

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straighten our your plate screws, Chris. Get all them holes lined up horizontal. Geez!

Actually, that was for photo purposes only. Had to take the plate off today to get it officially registered and pay $4,567,935.69 in taxes... :(

Chris

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gawd, duz George do good werk !!! I imagine we lose more prospective sales for B&amp;M shift kits etc., as I just haven't found anything I like better than MGW's shift knobs. We all know of the horsepower gains, and how single guys pick up more young ladies when they accessorize with George C., but it's the sheer artistry of his products that brings us all back. We just send folks direct, as his prices are so reasonable. George definitely takes Fangs a step higher with his products - great photos Mr. Marshall.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straighten our your plate screws, Chris. Get all them holes lined up horizontal. Geez!

Actually, that was for photo purposes only. Had to take the plate off today to get it officially registered and pay $4,567,935.69 in taxes... :(

Chris

And you expect to be able to put them on straight after getting back from paying that tax bill?

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received my shift knob, plate frame , and oil cap. As always George's work is flawless!. Had a chance to put about 250 miles on the car friday and the First Strike knob feels better, looks better, and shifts way better than stock. With my silver exterior I did go with the red insert on the license plate frame. Got lots of compliments. And George, thanks for talking me into the gray insert on the knob. Good call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper