Youngest Viper Owners Please Reply!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tommy -- Can you adjust your pedals high enough to reach them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny guy.
Yeah, come on Fletcher, you know the 96 R/T's pedals aren't adjustable! He must be sitting on telephone books to reach the pedals. J/K Tommy, J/K :D

Mike

DaPurpleRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey. excellent for all of you who have Vipes so young! I am envious! As long as you paid for it yourself, it's awesome. If mommy and daddy got it for you, well, if you're cool with having it given to you like that then I guess you're happy...

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 20 when I purchased my first Viper (95 Black RT/10) and 3 months later purchased my 2nd Viper (97 Red GTS). I have a sports memorabilia/card business that I've been running since 1999. Before all that, I had a 98 Vette at 18 but didn't realize the POWER of the snake! It's hard for people to believe that you've had 2 Vipers with your own money. Some people can't believe it.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 23 when I bought my first Viper a Yellow '95 RT/10. I loved the color on that car it had the tan leather. Then I bought my '96 GTS it is a keeper love the blue/white combo. I bought my GTS with 400 miles on it I now have 8K on the car and love it!

Kenric
452rwhp
512rwt off NOS

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember a few threads like this in the past. Basically it was about 25 for the youngest back then.

But now the price of early Vipers are less and brings in younger people. But then you get a few like FinalGTS with a NEW car at a very young age.

I do like seeing the younger guys. Most of the VCA members a few years ago were old. But they had what it took = Money. I hope these young cats have some money to keep their cars up. We don't need a bunch of run down Vipers on the street.

I am 37.

chadebarry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got both of the vipers with very light damage. One hit a mailbox, and the other a small tree. I am going to have to get rid of one so I can afford to keep the other. They came off the assembly line one after another. They have one vin # after one another. They both have clean titles, took about $1500 to fix both of them. Anyone looking???

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey. excellent for all of you who have Vipes so young! I am envious! As long as you paid for it yourself, it's awesome. If mommy and daddy got it for you, well, if you're cool with having it given to you like that then I guess you're happy...

I'm with you. I worked my butt off to make what I make. I get pissed when dorks think they are hot **** because mommy bought them a viper. Do a search on AlexRedSnake.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NAT97GTS- not too bad... approx 3500 a year with full coverage and low/no deductibles. I have no tickets or accidents-(knock on wood). Surprisingly, it is only 500 more than my 95 3000GT VR-4 (twin-turbo) that I owned previous, but the car is worth 4 times as much as when I sold the 3000GT, now it is up to 6 times the cost due to 3000GT's dropping like stones.

F355- Thanks for the kind words.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suddenly don't feel as young as I did just 3 days ago! ;)

Congrats to the yonger guys - very cool indeed.

I'm operating my 2nd business right now - up to 39 employees. First one was...practice, shall we say. ;)

Just celebrated our 4th anniversary last week. All of my partners did the smart thing and bought houses and invested sensibly (well, smart at the time!)...I spend all of my money on cars.

Well, not true - I keep a nice reserve set aside for the next car and for maintenance for the stable. They're all keepers - won't sell any of them for anything...I crossed the threshold from enthusiast to collector about a year ago or so I think.

That's my long term goal for the collection - preservation of the modern day muscle car.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got mine when i was 32
but i can verify Final GTS is the real deal no parental help
self made businessman!!!
what a guy!! to be 17 with a final GTS :eek:
and i did see his nice little female 16 yr old friend he took for a
a saturday of vipering :eek:
wow!
what a life!good for him!!!

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine when I was 22. It was a belated birthday gift to myself. Also my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years dumped me in December... the one who always said no Viper. I think it was a nice exchange.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey JIM! good thing you just posted, you reminded me to take all those pics of the Accusump I am installing at the moment. Just taking a break now so I dont BREAK something due to frustration. it seems whatever way I arrange these fittings, I install it and suddenly there is a better, BETTER way... I think I am in the 4th and "Final" round of this match now though... (no pun intended...)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 2002 ACR about 4 months ago, I was 29. I'm a wopping 30 year old now, as of Feb. 1st. Anyway, its sure nice to say "I bought my first viper before I turned 30." Guess its time to get a walker now. lol.

(The need an old man icon, so I can use that one.. lol)

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe that this thread became so popular. It is amazing because I met a lot of nice people. I would like to thank all of you for responding to this thread. I really appreciate it. Once again this proves that anything is possible. Well thanks again everyone!!

KEITH

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah the ole who is the youngest viper owner thread, well, I "got" my first Viper when I was 17, and yes, "mommy and daddy" did give it too me before i graduated from highschool....then last summer, I won the spiderman viper from cingular, i am now 20, sold the spiderman viper earlier this year and still drive my red 95 rt, which i do take to school frequently and keep it here. Keep in mind i am very thankful for what i have and what i have been given, i try not to take things for granted. And I am in no way trying to brag about how young i was or am when i got the viper so dont take me the wrong way, I have been here for almost three years, and i try not to act like i am something special, thanks, Paul

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah the ole who is the youngest viper owner thread, well, I "got" my first Viper when I was 17, and yes, "mommy and daddy" did give it too me before i graduated from highschool....then last summer, I won the spiderman viper from cingular, i am now 20, sold the spiderman viper earlier this year and still drive my red 95 rt, which i do take to school frequently and keep it here. Keep in mind i am very thankful for what i have and what i have been given, i try not to take things for granted. And I am in no way trying to brag about how young i was or am when i got the viper so dont take me the wrong way, I have been here for almost three years, and i try not to act like i am something special, thanks, Paul

im with this guy. except for winning another viper, you lucky bastage. :mad: ;)

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 28, bought my '96 RT when I turned 23. Lots and lots of overtime. No help from dad but he sure likes to help me drive it when he can.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ATTN: PAUL

Dear Paul:

Nice story. I am glad to hear how you do not take things for granted. I am the same way. How is the reaction when you drive it to school? I will be doing the same thing. Any enemies yet? LOL! Also what kind of cars are at your school? Of course you must have the hottest one. LOL!

Talk to you later

Have a good night

KEITH

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ATTN: PAUL

Keith, I had the car up here alot last year and had people constantly asking about the car, "how's the viper," "where's the viper at?" All the time people ask for rides, and I gladly give them. People have always been really nice about the car and I don't really have any enemies (that I know of), but I did get keyed last year on my trunk. There were three huge parties on campus and two big bands that night (lots of drunk people), and unfortunately there were alot of people on campus that don't go to school here. I don't know of anyone that would key my car, and I don't think anyone dislikes me that much but, there is always an a-hole somewhere. I am always real friendly when it comes to letting people sit in and ride, and do my best not to piss people off. Uh there are very few high end cars on campus, one of my friends had a Roush mustang, couple of BMW's, z28, that about has most of the sports cars.

I did wait till second semester my freshman year to bring it up here, so that I would not automatically be labled as your typical, "white, snotty [******] rich kid who gets everything done for him by his parents." I hate that when people give me that reaction when they first hear about my car and haven't met me yet. I tried to get to know alot of people first and not let them know that I had a Viper and then it was kinda a suprise when i brought it up here for the first time. I do get introduced sometimes as "yeah, this is the guy with the Viper," I do not really like that label, but that's how it goes.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ATTN: PAUL

Nice way to take care of the situation. I hate labels as well. I was always afraid of having the car keyed. That was my major thought but I say "hey is that going to stop me from getting the car I want?"

Enjoy your car

KEITH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950