More poor service at Dodge dealer in Miami...

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and a reminder for those with 2000, 2001, and 2002 Vipers:

Sure I should've changed my own oil but didn't---

Went in to "Planet Dodge" last Saturday in Miami, made small talk with service writer and their Viper tech about poor past service experiences at other south Florida 5-star dealers including specifically mentioning getting shorted 2 quarts of oil on an oil change in my '00 RT/10 last year.

After leaving Planet Dodge I happen to take a close look at their invoice and noticed that they charged me for only 8 quarts so I turn around and head back to check the oil level and arrive just in time to see the Viper tech getting in his car to go home and I ask him how much oil he put in. He said "eight and that's the right amount; no doubt about it" and he just drove off. Not only did he short me & argue with me but they only had one more quart of Mobil 1 in stock. What a pain. Left them with a copy of the owner's manual listing 10 qt oil capacity and swore off another Dodge dealership.

Ah, it reminded me of still another fine south Florida Dodge dealer that I visited to adjust my '00 hood. Amazingly, when they gave me my car back, I noticed that they forgot to fully close & latch the hood leaving it open about 2-3".

Devin 97 Blue GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for you I have HORROR stories.At least they did flood the inside of car with antifreeze.(dealer broke heater core)should see how South BMW treast me WORST.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXACTLY! If you want it done right do it yourself...unless you have a guy like Chuck Tator or Doug Levin around the corner from you who will do you right...

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any recommendations for who I should take my '00 to in Orlando?

Larry Macedo @ Macedo Motorsports (407)246-6511

FYI:
Welcome to the Dodge Dealer nightmare club!

I had recall 998 done at Daytona Dodge and had them change the oil while it was there. After driving an hour and half home, I noticed all this black gunk comming out of my tail pipes, it was oil. The deal overfilled the crankcase by 2 quarts and I was having major oil blow by, sucked it into the S/C and everything. What a mess. 3 hours at Sean Roe's and problem was resolved.

Also the recall was not done correctly and had to be recompleted by local body shop authorize to do DC warantee repairs.

Dealer said they would pay for oil change and 3 hours labor for Roe Racing repair, but they never did. Never use Daytona Dodge, the talent level there is very limited at best.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you know about the oil change in the Orlando area.

Larry Macedo called me and actually had my car done EARLIER than he had originally told me.

He has a BIG clean shop and when I took my Viper there he had 3 others getting some SPECIAL things done to em.

Larry is a good guy worth going to.

He is located on North OBT in Orlando.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you change your oil yourself, what do you do with the used (dirty) oil?

Whenever I change my oil I usually end up piling it in the garage because I'm too lazy to turn it in at the local gas station. You should see their faces at the gas station when I go turn my oil in though. They must think I run a shop or something :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950