Door expert needed + interesting door facts

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok I'll start with the teaser door fact info. Long story short ended up with two sets of doors while converting the car for SCCA T1 and Viper Days only use. One set is from a 2001 GTS and the other from a 1996 GTS. Obviously both Gen II cars. My car is a 2000 GTS. The 2001 doors work perfectly (meaning they mount up and the wiring harness snaps right in) these are the doors that I'll be selling because they are complete never opened up.

The 96 doors have been taken apart completely (if you need any door inerds let me know. I've got all the guts available for both sides).

Anyway, I was surprised to find that the 1996 doors harnesses are different. Much larger and apparently with different pin outs. The only difference I can figure is the remote mirrors. Anyway - just remember if your ever swapping doors to make sure you are in the same electrical family.

Now on the latches I need a set because the "kind person" I purchased these "complete" doors from negelcted to mention they have no hinges and no latches. It was an individual not one of the vendors we all use...

Latches for a 2000 cost about $300 or so each. The older Gen I latches are about $120 each. Does anyone know what vehicle these were originally nabbed from? I am not going to be using the electrical release so don't even need a solenoided version. I just need a latch that will line up with the OEM mounting points that I can rig a mechanical release on.

Any door experts know more on this latch issue??